* Lmtx + pgfplots compilation error
@ 2020-04-06 20:23 Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2020-04-06 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Still with the idea of using lmtx, I get a compilation error when I use
pgfplots.
Thank you.
Fabrice
open source     > level 9, order 92, name 'pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex'

tex error       > tex error on line 42 in file
pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex: ! Undefined control sequence

l.42 \catcode`\ =11^^I\expandafter\xdef\csname pgfp@bin@

\the\counter^^I\endcsname{^^20}\endgroup\advance\counter by1
lua error:

?

<empty file>

The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was
never
\def'ed. You can just continue as I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256

TeX Output exited abnormally with code 1 at Mon Apr  6 22:19:01

* Re: Lmtx + pgfplots compilation error
@ 2020-04-07  2:20 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-04-07  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The problem is that pgfplots uses the ^^ syntax to access characters but
this relies on ^ having catcode 7 which is not the case by default in
ConTeXt.  I had a similar issue in PGF before and that was fixed by just
replacing the ^^ syntax with the ascii code constants from
syst-ini.mkxl.

Cheers, Henri

@ 2020-04-07 12:22   ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2020-04-07 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Henri,
Thank you for answering me. We're entering an area that I don't really know. I
replaced all ^^ by ^ but I'm not sure I understood. I now have the
following message :
Thank you
Fabrice

tex error       > tex error on line 5 in file pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex:
! Undefined control sequence

l.5 \catcode`\^00=11 \expandafter\xdef\csname pgfp@bin@\the\counter
\endcsname{^0

   0}\advance\counter by1
lua error:

?

<empty file>

The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was
never
\def'ed. You can just continue as I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256

TeX Output exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Apr  7 14:15:58

@ 2020-04-08  9:20     ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-04-08  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Fabrice,

Could you provide a MWE, or maybe even open an issue on the bugtracker?
https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgfplots/issues

Cheers, Henri

@ 2020-04-08  9:52       ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2020-04-08  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Henri,
This file works well with context but does not work with lmtx.

\usemodule[pgfplots]
\usemodule[pgfpltstable]
\pgfplotsset{compat=newest}
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
\startaxis[
    title={\bf Relevé de notes chronologique},
    ymajorgrids=true,
    grid style={cyan!30},
    ymin=0,
    ymax=22,
    xmin=0,
    xmax=14,
    x=1cm,
    y=0.3cm,
    axis x line =bottom,
    axis y line =left,
    axis on top=true,
    axis line style =very thick,
    tick align=outside,
    tickwidth=0.12cm,
    tick style=very thick,
    xtick={\empty},
    ytick={0,2,...,18,20},
    extra x ticks={2,5,7,9,11,13},
    extra x tick labels={octobre,novembre,janvier,mars,avril, juin},
    extra x tick style={tick label style={rotate=45}},
    extra tick style={tick style={draw=none}},
    xlabel={Date},ylabel={Note},
    xlabel={Date},ylabel={Effectif},
 every axis x label/.style={
 at={(ticklabel* cs:1.01)},
 anchor=west,
 },
 every axis y label/.style={
 at={(ticklabel* cs:1.01)},
 anchor=south,
 },
 samples=1000,
 >=stealth,
]
\addplot [color=green,only marks] coordinates {
  (1,5)
  (2,7)
  (3,5)
  (4,10)
  (5,5)
  (6,8)
  (7,10)
  (8,8)
  (9,10)
  (10,14)
  (11,18)
  (12,14)
  (13,11)
};
\stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

open source     > level 7, order 88, name 'pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex'

tex error       > tex error on line 5 in file pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex:
! Undefined control sequence

l.5 ...ode`\^0=11    \expandafter\xdef\csname pgfp@bin@\the\counter
\endcsname{^0

    }\advance\counter by1
lua error:

?

<empty file>

The control sequence at the end of the top line of your error message was
never
\def'ed. You can just continue as I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 256

TeX Output exited abnormally with code 1 at Wed Apr  8 11:49:56

@ 2020-04-08 10:40         ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-04-08 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

MINIMAL working example...

Cheers, Henri

@ 2020-04-08 21:40           ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2020-04-08 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Henri,
Sorry !

\usemodule[pgfplots]
\pgfplotsset{compat=newest}
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
  \startaxis
    [
      xlabel=$x$,
 ylabel={$f(x) = x^2 - x +4$}
    ]
    \addplot {x^2 - x +4};
  \stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

@ 2020-04-08 22:02             ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-04-08 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simpler example:

\usemodule[pgfplots]
\pgfplotsset{compat=newest}
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
   \startaxis
     [
       xlabel=$x$,
  ylabel={$f(x) = x^2 - x +4$}
     ]
     \addplot {x^2 - x +4};
   \stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

Works with LMTX 2019.12.31 but fails with the most recent LMTX (same error
as below) using the same pgfplots module.

Aditya

@ 2020-04-08 22:07               ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-04-08 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Simpler example:

Sorry, pasted the wrong thing:

\usemodule[pgfplots]

\starttext
\starttikzpicture
   \startaxis
     \addplot {x};

@ 2020-04-13  9:41                 ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2020-04-13  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 12092 bytes --]

Hi,
Sorry to restart the discussion, but I have updated my entire system and
the problem remains. I used the example of Aditya.
Thank you.
Fabrice

\usemodule[pgfplots]
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
   \startaxis
     \addplot {x};
   \stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

@ 2020-04-13 10:12                   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-04-13 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry to restart the discussion, but I have updated my entire system and
> the problem remains. I used the example of Aditya.
> Thank you.
> Fabrice
>
> \usemodule[pgfplots]
> \starttext
> \starttikzpicture
>   \startaxis
>     \addplot {x};
>   \stopaxis
> \stoptikzpicture
> \stoptext
>
> tex error       > tex error on line 5 in file pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex:
> ! Undefined control sequence
>
> l.5 ...ode`\^0=11    \expandafter\xdef\csname pgfp@bin@\the\counter
> \endcsname{^0
>
>    }\advance\counter by1
> lua error:

I have no clue what pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex does, but simply
bypassing that works for the simple example above.

Simply create an empty file with the name pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex in
your current directory and compile your example.

Note that if your code uses any of the features which are provided by this
file (and I am not sure what they are), then it will fail. But at least
this "fix" works for the simple example above.

Aditya

* Re: Lmtx + pgfplots compilation error
@ 2020-04-13 21:58                     ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2020-04-13 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)