* context --purgeall filename does not delete all temporary files
@ 2020-05-21  8:23 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-05-21  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

`context --purgeall filename` behaves differently from `context --purgeall`.

`context --purgeall` deletes all files with the name `*-temp-*`. I would have thought that `context --purgeall filename` will delete all files with the name `\jobname-temp-*` but it does not.

Is there a way to delete the `\jobname-temp-*` files without requiring an extra `context --purgeall` run? This is needed for deleting extra files by `t-filter` module or deleting extra files generated by automatic EPS to PDF conversion (with figures.cachepaths.prefix="\jobname-temp"), etc.

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: context --purgeall filename does not delete all temporary files
@ 2020-05-21  8:43 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-05-21  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 21 May 2020, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> `context --purgeall filename` behaves differently from `context --purgeall`.
>
> `context --purgeall` deletes all files with the name `*-temp-*`. I would have
> thought that `context --purgeall filename` will delete all files with the
> name `\jobname-temp-*` but it does not.
>
> Is there a way to delete the `\jobname-temp-*` files without requiring an
> extra `context --purgeall` run? This is needed for deleting extra files by
> `t-filter` module or deleting extra files generated by automatic EPS to PDF
> conversion (with figures.cachepaths.prefix="\jobname-temp"), etc.

As an aside, I also noticed that in both mkiv and lmtx, mtx-context.lua has

local extra_runfiles = {
     "^l_m_t_x_.-%.pdf$",
}

but graph-inc.lua has

local defaultprefix     = "m_k_i_v_"

So, the default generated files are never deleted.

@ 2020-05-21 13:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-05-21 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/21/2020 10:43 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2020, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> `context --purgeall filename` behaves differently from `context
>> --purgeall`.
>>
>> `context --purgeall` deletes all files with the name `*-temp-*`. I
>> would have thought that `context --purgeall filename` will delete all
>> files with the name `\jobname-temp-*` but it does not.
>>
>> Is there a way to delete the `\jobname-temp-*` files without requiring
>> an extra `context --purgeall` run? This is needed for deleting extra
>> files by `t-filter` module or deleting extra files generated by
>> automatic EPS to PDF conversion (with
>> figures.cachepaths.prefix="\jobname-temp"), etc.
>
> As an aside, I also noticed that in both mkiv and lmtx, mtx-context.lua has
>
> local extra_runfiles = {
>      "^l_m_t_x_.-%.pdf$",
> }
>
> but graph-inc.lua has
>
> local defaultprefix     = "m_k_i_v_"
>
> So, the default generated files are never deleted.
i can add it ... originally that was for the temporary pdf jobname i think

Hans

* Re: context --purgeall filename does not delete all temporary files
@ 2020-05-21 15:15     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-05-21 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)