On Sat, 23 May 2020, Garulfo wrote: > >>> 1/ Concerning the Manuals Page >>>    - As proposed, "obsolete banners" are added to thumbnails  of the >>>      oldest manuals. >> Looks good. A few minor comments: >> I haven't tested it, but the natural tables in context examples (in >> Sec 3.6) should still work with latest versions. >> The "context rehab for amsmath addicts" should be in math (or >> sciences) rather than tables. (This reminds me, I should update that >> reference). > > Both corrections are made, thanks for your help. > > >>>    - About providing zips of manuals per topics: maybe we could just >>>      add a index.html in the distribution structure, to provide the >>>      user with a browsing system similar to the wiki's one. >>>    - If the admistrators wish, I can now replace the current page. >> >> One concern that I have is how easy it is to navigate the page on the >> phone. Currently, it does not really work on the phone. Is there some >> way to make it more responsive? > > Thanks again, of primary importance. > > Should be far better now (quickly checked on two smartphones, one > android and one ios) Thanks. Both pages look good on mobile now. I am okay with merging this with the old manuals page. A small suggestion is that we could omit the table of content on this page, as it is almost redundant in the new format. >>> 2/ After  the Manuals,  please find a proposal for the Welcome Page, >>>    which is probably trickier >>>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page_TempProposal >>>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page (the current) >>>    - 4 objectives : >>>     1/ do something more visual, reduce the amount of text, >> Some of us prefer text. What was earlier a one step process for me (go >> to home page, search for keyword, go to page), is now a two step >> process. But I agree that the new proposed layout is more friendly to >> new users and support it. > > Yes, I suspected that the current version had advantages as a result of > past iterations. > > It would be interesting to identify the links that people want to access > in one step. We can list them in > https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Talk:Main_Page_TempProposal, and I will > try to find ways to integrate them. Personally, I don't think that it is a big deal. >>>     2/ provide a fairly comprehensive overview with less than 15 >>>            topics, >>>         3/ but hold in one (big) screen, >>>     4/ avoid redundancies on the Welcome Page, >>>     5/ match both the Wiki's structure & the Manuals' structure. >>> >>> Again, depending on  your feedbacks, I would be happy to improve it. >>> >>> It's built from scripts  ==>  not too hard now to reorder, to adapt. >> You should also document your work flow somewhere (perhaps the talk >> page of the same page or a dedicated page on the wiki). That is useful >> for long term maintainability of the wiki. > > Done: two zip files are uploaded, with link and brief description in the > Talk zone of the respective pages. Thanks. I am okay with changing the main page as well. But since this is the main page, let's wait for the other mods to chime in as well. Aditya