On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Michal Vlasák via ntg-context wrote: > On Wed Dec 15, 2021 at 7:28 PM CET, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote: > > On 12/15/2021 6:22 PM, Aditya Mahajan via ntg-context wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > > > I am changing the way modules are installed in the ArchLinux aur package for luametatex. > > > > > > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/luametatex/ > > > > > > Earlier, I was just sym-linking to the modules installed by context-minimals-git package (which I also maintain). However, some packages there were out of date (in particular pgf/tikz). The new PKGBUILD installs the modules directly from CTAN. > > > > > > The following modules are installed by default: > > > filter, vim, visualcounter, pgf, pgfplots, circtuitikz > > > > > > You can install other modules by adding them in the PKGBUILD. > > > > > > I am not sure if anyone else actually uses this PKGBUILD to maintain an up-to-date installation of LMTX. If someone does use it, and wishes to add more modules to the default list, I'll be happy to do that. > > Just curious ... we have this > > > > >mtxrun --script ctan --packages --pattern=tikz > > > > which just gives info (at the time i made that the ctan api was bugged > > as it mixed up xml and json keys, but i'm not sure if that was fixed of > > became bug=feature for practical reasons) > > > > i never came to a 'download option' because it was ot clear where to > > download from .. are there zips? > > Not sure if it's for every package, but should be just > > "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. ".zip" > > in scripts.ctan.details. This corresponds the "Download" link on the CTAN page of each package, but unfortunately, is not always in TDS format. For example, for pgf (which is locate at /graphics/pgf/base), we have https://mirrors.ctan.org/graphics/pgf/base.zip which lists all tex related files in base/tex sub-directory. The CTAN page (https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf) also has a field "TDS Archive", which lists: http://mirrors.ctan.org/install/graphics/pgf/base/pgf.tds.zip which is TDS compliant. The same is the case for circuitikz and pgfplots. So, it safer to use "http://mirrors.ctan.org/" .. data.ctan.path .. "/" .. pkg_name .. "tds.zip" But, for context packages, CTAN does nto have the tds zips (I guess because the default zip is already TDS compliant). For example: https://www.ctan.org/pkg/context-filter has the "download" link at the bottom but not the "TDS Archive" link. In the end, since I am only installing 4-5 packages, it is simpler to input the URLs but hand rather than write code to automate the logic. Aditya