* How to set pdfminorversion in LMTX?
@ 2020-08-10  5:20 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-08-10  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I set pdfminorversion in LTMX. Both \pdfminorversion and \pdfvariable minorversion fail with undefined control sequence.

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: How to set pdfminorversion in LMTX?
@ 2020-08-10  6:52 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-08-10  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 10/08/20, 01:20, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I set pdfminorversion in LTMX. Both \pdfminorversion and \pdfvariable minorversion fail with undefined control sequence.

Does lpdf.setversion(major, minor) work in LMTX?

Cheers, Henri

@ 2020-08-10  7:11   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-08-10  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, Henri Menke wrote:

> On 10/08/20, 01:20, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How do I set pdfminorversion in LTMX. Both \pdfminorversion and \pdfvariable minorversion fail with undefined control sequence.
>
> Does lpdf.setversion(major, minor) work in LMTX?

It does not give an error, but it doesn't change the minor version either.

@ 2020-08-10 20:40     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-08-10 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan schrieb am 10.08.2020 um 09:11:
> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020, Henri Menke wrote:
>
>> On 10/08/20, 01:20, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How do I set pdfminorversion in LTMX. Both \pdfminorversion and
>>> \pdfvariable minorversion fail with undefined control sequence.
>>
>> Does lpdf.setversion(major, minor) work in LMTX?
>
> It does not give an error, but it doesn't change the minor version
> either.

1. A better solution for this is to add a key to \setupbackend.

2. It doesn't work because when you set the version it's too late
because ConTeXt already wrote the PDF header (the relevant code is in
lpdf-lmt.lmt).

This is a problem because when you set a PDF format the version entry is
ignored in the header (but it's correct in catalogue entry).

%% begin example
\setupbackend[format=PDF/X-1a:2003]

\starttext
Hello TeX.
\stoptext
%% end example

%% begin pdf file (snippet from the example above, compare the version
numbers)
%PDF-1.7
%ÃÏÎÔÅØÔÐÄÆ
<< /Lang (en) /Metadata 7 0 R /PageLabels << /Nums [ 0 << /S /D /St 1 >>
] >> /PageMode /UseNone /Pages 15 0 R /Type /Catalog /Version /1.4.0 >>
%% end pdf file

Wolfgang