* Tagged PDFs from Context
@ 2020-08-27 16:54 Karl Pettersson
From: Karl Pettersson @ 2020-08-27 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

See this discussion.
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5409#issuecomment-678781349

Would it be possible to generate PDFs with headings tagged like H1, H2,
H3, H4..., instead of using the H tag for all levels, which seems to be
required for proper rendering with some screenreaders? It seems to me
that it would require modfications to the Context source code.
https://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/mkiv/strc-tag.lua

Any ideas?

Best regards
Karl Pettersson

* Re: Tagged PDFs from Context
@ 2020-08-28 20:41 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-08-28 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020, Karl Pettersson wrote:

> See this discussion.
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5409#issuecomment-678781349
>
> Would it be possible to generate PDFs with headings tagged like H1, H2,
> H3, H4..., instead of using the H tag for all levels, which seems to be
> required for proper rendering with some screenreaders? It seems to me
> that it would require modfications to the Context source code.
> https://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/mkiv/strc-tag.lua
>
> Any ideas?

From what I understand, the current implementation assumes that the same tag will be used for all section levels. So, changing the tag at each section level will require a rewrite of the internal logic.

Aditya

* Re: Tagged PDFs from Context
@ 2020-09-02 17:50   ` Arthur Rosendahl
From: Arthur Rosendahl @ 2020-09-02 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 04:41:32PM -0400, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> From what I understand, the current implementation assumes that the same tag will be used for all section levels. So, changing the tag at each section level will require a rewrite of the internal logic.

  If the current structure confuses some screen readers, as mentioned on
the GitHub tracker, that may be worth it?  Something to discuss in
Sibřina next week ...

	Best,

		Arthur