* Automatically setting the value of list key in annotation module
@ 2020-12-08  7:47 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-12-08  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the annotation module, is it possible to automatically set the value of the `list` key to be the same as the value of `title` key (as is the case with \startsection, for example).

Here is a non-working example:

\usemodule[annotation]

\defineannotation[test][alternative=paragraph]

\starttext

\placelist[test][criterium=all]

\starttest[title={This is a title}]
  \input ward
\stoptest

\starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd list}]
  \input ward
\stoptest

I want the first title to also be added to the list.

Thanks,
Aditya

* Re: Automatically setting the value of list key in annotation module
@ 2020-12-08  9:17 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-12-08  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/8/2020 8:47 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> \usemodule[annotation]
>
> \defineannotation[test][alternative=paragraph]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placelist[test][criterium=all]
>
> \starttest[title={This is a title}]
>    \input ward
> \stoptest
>
> \starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd list}]
>    \input ward
> \stoptest

just cheat:

\starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd
list},after={\writetolist[test]{1}{what a cheat}}]
   \input ward
\stoptest

btw, maybe wolfgang should turn that module into a core mkxl one using
the new fancy macro magic

anyway, if this happens a lot we could think of some addition to the
list mechanism

Hans

* Re: Automatically setting the value of list key in annotation module
@ 2020-12-08 16:55   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-12-08 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 8 Dec 2020, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 12/8/2020 8:47 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > \usemodule[annotation]
> >
> > \defineannotation[test][alternative=paragraph]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > \placelist[test][criterium=all]
> >
> > \starttest[title={This is a title}]
> >    \input ward
> > \stoptest
> >
> > \starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd list}]
> >    \input ward
> > \stoptest
>
> just cheat:
>
> \starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd
> list},after={\writetolist[test]{1}{what a cheat}}]
>   \input ward
> \stoptest

I actually wanted it the other way round ... make sure that \starttest[test][title={...}] gets added to the list. Looking at the comments of the annotation module, I get the impression that this should work.

I could do it manually by adding \writetolist as part of the renderingsetup, but there are already multiple \writetolist in the annotation module, so I think that I am missing a configuration option.

> btw, maybe wolfgang should turn that module into a core mkxl one using the new
> fancy macro magic

That will be nice. There is some overlap with strc-con, but that does not have any of the goodies which the annotation module provides.

@ 2020-12-08 17:33     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-12-08 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/8/2020 5:55 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> That will be nice. There is some overlap with strc-con, but that does not have any of the goodies which the annotation module provides.
If Wolfgang doesn't have time I can do a first adaption to lmtx ... I
leave the choice to him ...

Hans

* Re: Automatically setting the value of list key in annotation module
@ 2020-12-08 19:05     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-12-08 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 8 Dec 2020, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2020, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > On 12/8/2020 8:47 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > > \usemodule[annotation]
> > >
> > > \defineannotation[test][alternative=paragraph]
> > >
> > > \starttext
> > >
> > > \placelist[test][criterium=all]
> > >
> > > \starttest[title={This is a title}]
> > >    \input ward
> > > \stoptest
> > >
> > > \starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd list}]
> > >    \input ward
> > > \stoptest
> >
> > just cheat:
> >
> > \starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd
> > list},after={\writetolist[test]{1}{what a cheat}}]
> >   \input ward
> > \stoptest
>
> I actually wanted it the other way round ... make sure that \starttest[test][title={...}] gets added to the list. Looking at the comments of the annotation module, I get the impression that this should work.
>
> I could do it manually by adding \writetolist as part of the renderingsetup, but there are already multiple \writetolist in the annotation module, so I think that I am missing a configuration option.

Actually, I cannot figure out how \writetolist works. According to https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/writetolist, the 2nd argument is the "number". But, for some reason, the list number doesn't show in placelist:

\definelist[test]

\starttext

\placelist[test][criterium=all, alternative=b]

\writetolist[test]{1}{One}
\writetolist[test]{2}{Two}

\stoptext

This gives

One        1
Two        1

while I was expecting

1 One       1
2 Two       1

What am I missing?

@ 2020-12-09 17:05       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-12-09 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Aditya Mahajan schrieb am 08.12.2020 um 20:05:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2020, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> just cheat:
>>>
>>> \starttest[title={This is another title}, list={This is in the 2nd
>>> list},after={\writetolist[test]{1}{what a cheat}}]
>>>    \input ward
>>> \stoptest
>> I actually wanted it the other way round ... make sure that \starttest[test][title={...}] gets added to the list. Looking at the comments of the annotation module, I get the impression that this should work.
>>
>> I could do it manually by adding \writetolist as part of the renderingsetup, but there are already multiple \writetolist in the annotation module, so I think that I am missing a configuration option.
> Actually, I cannot figure out how \writetolist works. According to https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/writetolist, the 2nd argument is the "number". But, for some reason, the list number doesn't show in placelist:
>

> \definelist[test]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placelist[test][criterium=all, alternative=b]

Add "headnumber=always".

Wolfgang

* Re: Automatically setting the value of list key in annotation module
@ 2020-12-09 20:39         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-12-09 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> > Actually, I cannot figure out how \writetolist works. According to
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/writetolist, the 2nd argument is the
> "number". But, for some reason, the list number doesn't show in placelist:
> >

> > \definelist[test]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > \placelist[test][criterium=all, alternative=b]
>
> Add "headnumber=always".

Thanks!

Aditya