On Tue, 29 Dec 2020, Garulfo wrote: > Which process would you advice to add « drop shadows » to any kind of metafun / metapost figures like: > picture p; > p := textext("MetaPost is fun!") shifted (10cm,10cm); > > My current understanding of the required steps : > > > 1- fill p with the shadow color > > 2- write it to an external metapost file (with savebuffer ?) ready for png export (outputformat := "png »;) > > 3- with lua, os.execute, and imagemagick prepare the shadow > - extent the png file with a transparent background, to have room for blurring > - blur it > > 4- import this png in context / Metapost (externalfigure), and center it with p figure > > 5- shift it according to the desired shadows distance and angle > > 6- apply the initial bounding box of p to the shadow, draw the shadow, draw the p picture > > > Actually, all this seems long and tedious, and contrasts with the already existing links between MetaPost / MetaFun and cairo + libpng. There was a drops module by Peter Rolf, which provides exactly these features: https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2016/084242.html It is not part of modules.contextgarden.net and the url in the previous post is no longer valid. I am CC:ing Peter and perhaps he can point to the updated location for the module. Aditya