On Fri, 8 Jan 2021, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 1/8/2021 12:39 AM, Vedran Miletić wrote: > > > It's whatever ConTeXt standalone has. I don't have any extra Lua installed: > > --credits should mention the lua version > > > Should I see it on non-HiDPI as well? Because it seems it's there. > > depends on what you consider (non) hdpi ... the positioning of glyphs > depends on font scale, rounding of stems and such (hints in fonts but > these get less relevant with high res displays), caching, inter glyph > corrections (that pdftex/luatex/...) put in the text stream to resync > within certain tolerances, etc ... (often a print is a better reference > as displays are seldom 600+ dpi) .. it's also why often expansion looks > bad on screen because even a sub percentage difference can give such > effects Another way to see it is just zoom in on the PDF. If the artifacts go away on zooming in, then they are due to anti-aliasing. Aditya