* t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-21 10:48 Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-05-21 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

For some reason, the vim module has stopped highlighting code associated
to custom filetypes (it still works for built-in filetypes).

For instance, typeset this:

    \usemodule[vim]

    \startvimrc[name=foo]
      set nocompatible
      set runtimepath+=~/foo/
    \stopvimrc

    \definevimtyping[foo][
      style={\switchtobodyfont[16pt,tt]},
      directory=code/,
      syntax=foo,
      alternative=pscolor,
      vimrc=foo,
    ]

    \starttext
    \startfoo
      let while endwhile
    \stopfoo
    \stoptext

The ~/foo/ directory contains ftdetect/foo.vim:

    au BufRead,BufNewFile *.foo setfiletype foo

and syntax/foo.vim:

    if exists("b:current_syntax")
      finish
    endif

    syn case match
    syn iskeyword @,48-57,192-255,_

    syn keyword fooKeyword let while endwhile

    hi def link fooKeyword Keyword

    let b:current_syntax = "foo"

If I change `syntax=foo` to, say, `syntax=vim` in \definevimtyping
then the code is highlighted.  So, I suspect that I am not configuring
the runtimepath correctly. Any idea how to fix this?

I am using the latest LMTX to which I have added modules as explained
here:

    https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX

t-vim VERSION reads 2021.03.01.

Nicola

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-21 12:56 ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-05-21 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2021-05-21, Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason, the vim module has stopped highlighting code associated
> to custom filetypes (it still works for built-in filetypes).

I think I have found the culprit. In t-vim.tex, lines 63-88, Vim is
called with --clean. That option appears *after* -u, effectively
overriding it. Moving --clean as the first option (or, better, removing
it) solves my issue.

Some remarks. The module has this comment:

       --clean % dont load scada [sic] file (nvim)

If the purpose of the option is to avoid loading a shada file, `-i NONE`
(which is already there) should be enough.

In Vim, --clean is not strictly necessary, because it is effectively
a shorthard for `-N -i NONE --noplugin`. In Neovim, the meaning might be
slightly different. Which brings me to the next paragraph.

My recommendation would be not to care about Neovim. It is *not*
a drop-in replacement for Vim and not meant to be compatible with Vim
(it has already diverged from Vim in significant ways). Supporting both
is likely going to become more and more difficult as time goes by.

Anyway, if you do want to support both, I'd suggest at least to
segregate the two commands, even if currently they may be (almost)
identical.

Hope this helps!

@ 2021-05-21 14:28   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-05-21 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 21 May 2021, Nicola wrote:

> On 2021-05-21, Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For some reason, the vim module has stopped highlighting code associated
> > to custom filetypes (it still works for built-in filetypes).
>
> I think I have found the culprit. In t-vim.tex, lines 63-88, Vim is
> called with --clean. That option appears *after* -u, effectively
> overriding it. Moving --clean as the first option (or, better, removing
> it) solves my issue.
>
> Some remarks. The module has this comment:
>
>        --clean % dont load scada [sic] file (nvim)
>
> If the purpose of the option is to avoid loading a shada file, `-i NONE`
> (which is already there) should be enough.

Thanks for finding the bug.

> In Vim, --clean is not strictly necessary, because it is effectively
> a shorthard for `-N -i NONE --noplugin`. > In Neovim, the meaning might be
> slightly different. Which brings me to the next paragraph.

Indeed, the vim manpage says:

       --clean     Do not use any personal configuration (vimrc, plugins,  etc.).
                   Useful to see if a problem reproduces with a clean Vim setup.

while nvim manpage says:

     --clean     Skip loading plugins and shada (viminfo) file.

So, in vim, the --clean option also skips vimrc while in nvim it does not.

Looking at my git log, I see that I added --clean option for nvim:

commit b907543d9f6b2185185f3674035987f47bf91381
Author: Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>
Date:   Wed Apr 29 17:48:24 2020 -0400

    Add --clean option

    to not load viminfo files in `nvim`. Somehow `nvim` does not honor

    ```
    -i NONE
    ```

    option.

Looking at the man page of nvim I see

     -i shada    Use shada instead of the default
                 ~/.local/share/nvim/shada/main.shada.  If shada is NONE, do not
                 read or write a ShaDa file.  :help shada

So, -i NONE should have worked. I'll test this again, and if -i NONE now works in nvim, I'll simply remove that line.

> My recommendation would be not to care about Neovim. It is *not*
> a drop-in replacement for Vim and not meant to be compatible with Vim
> (it has already diverged from Vim in significant ways). Supporting both
> is likely going to become more and more difficult as time goes by.

nvim was 8-10% faster than vim in my tests:

https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/vim-vs-neovim/

> Anyway, if you do want to support both, I'd suggest at least to
> segregate the two commands, even if currently they may be (almost)
> identical.

That's a good suggestion. For now, I'll play around with the order of options to seei if that fixes the problem. I agree that at some stage it might be better to simply split off the module into a `t-nvim.tex` which configures the settings for nvim separately.

I actually want t-vim (or rather t-filter) to support more editors/syntax highlighters. At some stage I had added rudimentary support for other syntax highlighters most of them required scaffolding to wrap around the latex output:

https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/clean-tex-output/

Aditya

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-21 19:37     ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-05-21 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2021-05-21, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> nvim was 8-10% faster than vim in my tests:
>
> https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/vim-vs-neovim/

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

> I actually want t-vim (or rather t-filter) to support more
> editors/syntax highlighters. At some stage I had added rudimentary
> support for other syntax highlighters most of them required
> scaffolding to wrap around the latex output:
>
> https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/clean-tex-output/

I think I have said that already, but it is worth repeating: t-vim is
a genius idea! Vim is universally available and it supports almost any
imaginable syntax. t-vim makes creating code-oriented documents
absolutely painless (ConTeXt helps, of course). And it makes me scream
when I have to do that in LaTeX. So, kudos for that. Personally, I do
not think that supporting other highlighters would add much value to
what is already there. But if it is possible to make the module more
general without overcomplicating it, it might be a good idea.

I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
that?

@ 2021-05-22  6:58       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-22  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/21/2021 9:37 PM, Nicola wrote:
> On 2021-05-21, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> nvim was 8-10% faster than vim in my tests:
>>
>> https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/vim-vs-neovim/
>
> Interesting, thanks for sharing.
>
>> I actually want t-vim (or rather t-filter) to support more
>> editors/syntax highlighters. At some stage I had added rudimentary
>> support for other syntax highlighters most of them required
>> scaffolding to wrap around the latex output:
>>
>> https://adityam.github.io/context-blog/post/clean-tex-output/
>
> I think I have said that already, but it is worth repeating: t-vim is
> a genius idea! Vim is universally available and it supports almost any
> imaginable syntax. t-vim makes creating code-oriented documents
> absolutely painless (ConTeXt helps, of course). And it makes me scream
> when I have to do that in LaTeX. So, kudos for that. Personally, I do
> not think that supporting other highlighters would add much value to
> what is already there. But if it is possible to make the module more
> general without overcomplicating it, it might be a good idea.
>
> I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
> an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
> that?

best is that the module uses:

\the\everyinitializeverbatim

because there we disable all kind of non verbatim stuff

Hans

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-22 16:15         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-05-22 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 22 May 2021, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5/21/2021 9:37 PM, Nicola wrote:

> > I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
> > an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
> > that?
>
> best is that the module uses:
>
> \the\everyinitializeverbatim
>
> because there we disable all kind of non verbatim stuff

Thanks. It took a few trial and error that \the\everyinitializeverbatim  must come after \usealignparameter. However, using \nohypencollapsing after \usealignparameter means that I cannot get hypenated lines (something which had been requested in the past for t-vim). See the attached file.

BTW, shouldn't we have `features=none` in the default mono font setup so that this doesn't happen anyways?

Thanks,
Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/x-tex, Size: 960 bytes --]

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-23 10:04           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-23 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/22/2021 6:15 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2021, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 5/21/2021 9:37 PM, Nicola wrote:
>
>>> I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
>>> an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
>>> that?
>>
>> best is that the module uses:
>>
>> \the\everyinitializeverbatim
>>
>> because there we disable all kind of non verbatim stuff
>
> Thanks. It took a few trial and error that \the\everyinitializeverbatim  must come after \usealignparameter. However, using \nohypencollapsing after \usealignparameter means that I cannot get hypenated lines (something which had been requested in the past for t-vim). See the attached file.
>
> BTW, shouldn't we have `features=none` in the default mono font setup so that this doesn't happen anyways?
afaik we already do that

(i'll add some more control, already added \setuphyphenation[hyphen=no]
here)

I need to find a reasonable way to provide control over all these things
... real low level btw is \hyphenationmode\zerocount ... look in
lang-ini.mkxl for all possible flags)

Hans

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-23 22:38             ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-05-23 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 23 May 2021, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5/22/2021 6:15 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> > > best is that the module uses:
> > >
> > > \the\everyinitializeverbatim
> > >
> > > because there we disable all kind of non verbatim stuff
> >
> > Thanks. It took a few trial and error that \the\everyinitializeverbatim
> > must come after \usealignparameter. However, using \nohypencollapsing after
> > \usealignparameter means that I cannot get hypenated lines (something which
> > had been requested in the past for t-vim). See the attached file.
> >
> > BTW, shouldn't we have `features=none` in the default mono font setup so
> > that this doesn't happen anyways?
> afaik we already do that
>
> (i'll add some more control, already added \setuphyphenation[hyphen=no] here)
>
> I need to find a reasonable way to provide control over all these things ...
> real low level btw is \hyphenationmode\zerocount ... look in lang-ini.mkxl for
> all possible flags)

Thanks. I guess, it is time to freeze the mkiv version of the module and introduce a mkxl version.

Aditya

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-24 19:24       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-05-24 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 21 May 2021, Nicola wrote:

> I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
> an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
> that?

Fixed in the new release.

Aditya

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-27 19:51         ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-05-27 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2021-05-24, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2021, Nicola wrote:
>
>> I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
>> an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
>> that?
>
> Fixed in the new release.

Thanks. I have updated to version 2021.05.23 and run `mtxrun
--generate`. Syntax highlighting is fine, but with LMTX I'm still
getting an en-dash. Below, a MWE.

Nicola

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\usemodule[vim]

\startvimrc[name=pseudocode]
syntax keyword Statement while
syntax keyword Constant true
syntax region Comment start="--" end="\n" keepend
\stopvimrc

\definevimtyping[pseudocode][
  directory=code/, % NOTE: it MUST exist
  extras=pseudocode,
]

\starttext
  \startpseudocode
  while true -- Comment
  \stoppseudocode
\stoptext

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-27 20:16           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-05-27 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 May 2021, Nicola wrote:

> On 2021-05-24, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 May 2021, Nicola wrote:
> >
> >> I have only a minor annoyance: I have just noticed that -- is typeset as
> >> an en-dash in LMTX (but not in MKIV, as documented). Could you look into
> >> that?
> >
> > Fixed in the new release.
>
> Thanks. I have updated to version 2021.05.23 and run `mtxrun
> --generate`. Syntax highlighting is fine, but with LMTX I'm still
> getting an en-dash. Below, a MWE.

Can you test if the file tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex works fine at your end:

https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/dev/tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex

Aditya

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-27 20:27             ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-05-27 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2021-05-27, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2021, Nicola wrote:

>> > Fixed in the new release.
>>
>> Thanks. I have updated to version 2021.05.23 and run `mtxrun
>> --generate`. Syntax highlighting is fine, but with LMTX I'm still
>> getting an en-dash. Below, a MWE.
>
> Can you test if the file tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex works fine at your end:
>
> https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/dev/tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex

No, I get an en-dash with that, too. Log included below.

Nicola

fonts           > beware: no fonts are loaded yet, using 'lm mono' in box
system          >
system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2021.05.27 14:15 LMTX  fmt: 2021.5.27  int: english/english
system          >
system          > 'cont-new.mkxl' loaded
open source     > level 1, order 1, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/cont-new.mkxl'
system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
close source    > level 1, order 1, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/cont-new.mkxl'
system          > files > jobname 'en-dash', input './en-dash', result 'en-dash'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > level 1, order 2, name './en-dash.tex'
modules         > 'vim' is loaded
open source     > level 2, order 3, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-vim.tex'
modules         > 'filter' is loaded
open source     > level 3, order 4, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-filter.mkiv'
modules         > 'module-catcodes' is loaded
open source     > level 4, order 5, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-module-catcodes.mkiv'
close source    > level 4, order 5, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-module-catcodes.mkiv'
close source    > level 3, order 5, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-filter.mkiv'
modules         > 'syntax-highlight' is loaded
open source     > level 3, order 6, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-highlight.mkxl'
modules         > 'syntax-groups' is loaded
open source     > level 4, order 7, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-groups.mkiv'
modules         > 'module-catcodes' is already loaded
close source    > level 4, order 7, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-groups.mkiv'
modules         > 'filter' is already loaded
close source    > level 3, order 7, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-highlight.mkxl'
suggestion      > use \withcedilla instead of \c
close source    > level 2, order 7, name '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-vim.tex'
fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
open source     > level 2, order 8, name 'en-dash-temp-LUA-0.vimout'
close source    > level 2, order 8, name 'en-dash-temp-LUA-0.vimout'
backend         > xmp > using file '/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1, subpage 1
close source    > level 1, order 8, name './en-dash.tex'
system          > start used files
system          > text: en-dash
system          > stop used files
system          > start used files
system          >    1: filename=char-prv.lua filetype=tex format=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/char-prv.lua fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/char-prv.lua usedmethod=database
system          >    2: filename=lmmono10-regular filetype=otf format=otf foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono10-regular.otf fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono10-regular.otf usedmethod=database
system          >    3: filename=publ-imp-default.lua filetype=lua foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/publ-imp-default.lua fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/publ-imp-default.lua usedmethod=database
system          >    4: filename=cont-new.mkxl filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/cont-new.mkxl fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/cont-new.mkxl usedmethod=database
system          >    5: filename=lang-exc.lua filetype=lua foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lang-exc.lua fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lang-exc.lua usedmethod=database
system          >    6: filename=lang-us.lua filetype=lua foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-us.lua fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-us.lua usedmethod=database
system          >    7: filename=/Users/me/Outbox/en-dash.tex format=tex foundname=/Users/me/Outbox/en-dash.tex fullname=/Users/me/Outbox/en-dash.tex usedmethod=direct
system          >    8: filename=t-vim.tex filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-vim.tex fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-vim.tex usedmethod=database
system          >    9: filename=t-filter.mkiv filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-filter.mkiv fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-filter.mkiv usedmethod=database
system          >   10: filename=t-module-catcodes.mkiv filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-module-catcodes.mkiv fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/filter/t-module-catcodes.mkiv usedmethod=database
system          >   11: filename=t-syntax-highlight.mkxl filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-highlight.mkxl fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-highlight.mkxl usedmethod=database
system          >   12: filename=t-syntax-groups.mkiv filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-groups.mkiv fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/tex/context/third/vim/t-syntax-groups.mkiv usedmethod=database
system          >   13: filename=lm.lfg filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/lm.lfg fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/lm.lfg usedmethod=database
system          >   14: filename=lmroman12-regular filetype=otf format=otf foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf usedmethod=database
system          >   15: filename=latinmodern-math.otf filetype=opentypefonts foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm-math/latinmodern-math.otf fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm-math/latinmodern-math.otf usedmethod=database
system          >   16: filename=en-dash-temp-LUA-0.vimout foundname=en-dash-temp-LUA-0.vimout fullname=/Users/me/Outbox/en-dash-temp-LUA-0.vimout usedmethod=direct
system          >   17: filename=lmmono12-regular filetype=otf format=otf foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono12-regular.otf fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono12-regular.otf usedmethod=database
system          >   18: filename=lpdf-pdx.xml filetype=tex foundname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml fullname=/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml usedmethod=database
system          > stop used files
system          > start commandline options
system          > currentrun="3"
system          > fulljobname="./en-dash.tex"
system          > input="./en-dash.tex"
system          > kindofrun="2"
system          > maxnofruns="9"
system          > texmfbinpath="/Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin"
system          > stop commandline options
system          > start commandline files
system          >    1: ./en-dash.tex
system          > stop commandline files
modules         > start used modules
modules         > loaded : *-filter
modules         > loaded : *-module-catcodes
modules         > loaded : *-syntax-groups
modules         > loaded : *-syntax-highlight
modules         > loaded : *-vim
modules         > stop used modules
system          >
system          > status after finishing run
system          >
system          >   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
system          >           string       pool       hash     lookup       node      token      extra     sparse     buffer      input       file       nest  parameter       save       font   language       mark     insert
system          >   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
system          >   max    2097152  100000000    2097152    2097152   50000000   10000000                        100000000     100000       2000      10000     100000     500000     100000      10000      10000        500
system          >   min     150000   10000000     150000     150000    1000000    1000000                          1000000      10000        500       1000      20000     100000        250        250         50         10
system          >   set     500000   10000000     250000     250000   50000000   10000000                         10000000     100000       2000      10000     100000     500000     100000        250        250        250
system          >   stp     100000    1000000     100000     100000     500000     250000                          1000000      10000        250       1000      10000      10000        250        250         50         25
system          >
system          >   mem     150000     913961     150000               1000000    1000000          0     995280    1000000      10000        500       1000      20000      10000    4354816         96       1200        240
system          >   all    3600000     913961    2400000               9000000    8000000          0     995280    1000000     320000      16000      48000      80000     160000    4354816         96      28800       5760
system          >
system          >   ini    2141414     835843          0      44248          0     487381                                                                                                             0
system          >   ptr      46690                  9236      46676                531215          0                     0          0          0          0          0          0          9          0          0          0
system          >   top      46691                740032     131074       2948     546407          0                   281         38         10         12         37        245        250        250         50         10
system          >   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
system          >
system          >   current input type    : initial
system          >
system          >   approximate memory    : 31922713 (30 MB)
system          >
system          >   expansion depth       : min: 10000, max: 1000000, set: 10000, top: 6
system          >
system          >   luabytecode registers : 990
system          >   luabytecode bytes     : 15856 (0 MB)
system          >   luastate bytes now    : 55831816 (53 MB)
system          >   luastate bytes max    : 55831816 (53 MB)
system          >
system          >   file callbacks        : 1435
system          >   saved callbacks       : 602
system          >   direct callbacks      : 12
system          >   function callbacks    : 1522
system          >   value callbacks       : 1
system          >   message callbacks     : 0
system          >   bytecode callbacks    : 589
system          >
system          >   mp instances          : 0
system          >   mp estimated memory   : 0 (0 MB)
system          >   mp file callbacks     : 0
system          >   mp text callbacks     : 0
system          >   mp script callbacks   : 0
system          >   mp log callbacks      : 0
system          >
system          >   total callbacks       : 4161
system          >   mp total callbacks    : 0
system          >   backend callbacks     : 0
system          >
mkiv lua stats  > used config file: selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
mkiv lua stats  > used cache path: /Users/me/Applications/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e
mkiv lua stats  > resource resolver: loadtime 0.007 seconds, 0 scans with scantime 0.000 seconds, 0 shared scans, 18 found files, scanned paths: <none>
mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data: 490 modules (0.278 sec), 99 tables (0.014 sec), 589 chunks (0.293 sec)
mkiv lua stats  > traced context: maxstack: 1549, freed: 0, unreachable: 1549
mkiv lua stats  > cleaned up reserved nodes: 72 nodes, 9 lists of 434
mkiv lua stats  > node memory usage: 8 attribute, 4 attribute_list, 1 glue, 58 glue_spec, 3 kern, 2 penalty, 2 temp
mkiv lua stats  > node list callback tasks: 9 unique task lists, 8 instances (re)created, 47 calls
mkiv lua stats  > used backend: pdf (backend for directly generating pdf output)
mkiv lua stats  > jobdata time: 0.001 seconds saving, 0.000 seconds loading
mkiv lua stats  > callbacks: internal: 0, file: 0, direct: 0, late: 0, function 0, total: 0 (0 per page)
mkiv lua stats  > randomizer: resumed with value 0.41693551017344
mkiv lua stats  > loaded tex modules: 5 requested, all found (*-filter *-module-catcodes *-syntax-groups *-syntax-highlight *-vim)
mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns: en::1, load time: 0.000
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 4 files: latinmodern-math.otf, lmmono10-regular.otf, lmmono12-regular.otf, lmroman12-regular.otf
mkiv lua stats  > font engine: otf 3.116, afm 1.513, tfm 1.000, 9 instances, 3 shared in backend, 3 common vectors, 0 common hashes, load time 0.148 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > font embedding time: 0.002 seconds, 2 fonts
mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: en-dash.pdf, compresslevel 1, objectcompresslevel 3
mkiv lua stats  > used platform: osx-64, type: unix, binary subtree: texmf-osx-64
mkiv lua stats  > used engine: luametatex version: 2.0911, functionality level: 20210527, format id: 575, compiler: clang
mkiv lua stats  > tex properties: 740032 hash slots used of 2097152, 46676 control sequences, approximate memory usage: 30 MB
mkiv lua stats  > lua properties: engine: lua 5.4, used memory: 55 MB, ctx: 53 MB, max: 53 MB, symbol mask: utf (τεχ)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 0.592 seconds, 1 processed pages, 1 shipped pages, 1.688 pages/second

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-28  6:41               ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2021-05-28  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 May 2021, Nicola wrote:

> On 2021-05-27, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> >> Thanks. I have updated to version 2021.05.23 and run `mtxrun
> >> --generate`. Syntax highlighting is fine, but with LMTX I'm still
> >> getting an en-dash. Below, a MWE.
> >
> > Can you test if the file tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex works fine at your end:
> >
> > https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/dev/tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex
>
> No, I get an en-dash with that, too. Log included below.

For now, please use align=flushleft, either globally:

    \setupsyntaxhighlighting[align=flushleft]

or as part of defining the typing environment:

    \definevimtyping[...][...., align=flushleft, ...]

I'll test a bit more carefully and then upload a new version.

Aditya

* Re: t-vim module: no highlighting for custom filetypes
@ 2021-05-28 10:46                 ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2021-05-28 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> > Can you test if the file tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex works fine at your end:
>> >
>> > https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/dev/tests/vim/21-en-dash.tex
>>
>> No, I get an en-dash with that, too. Log included below.
>
> For now, please use align=flushleft, either globally:
>
>     \setupsyntaxhighlighting[align=flushleft]
>
> or as part of defining the typing environment:
>
>     \definevimtyping[...][...., align=flushleft, ...]

I can confirm that this workaround works for me.

Nicola