On Sat, 4 Dec 2021, Jan-Erik Hägglöf via ntg-context wrote: > I did replace the attached .mkxl files now in the correct directory tree together with the rest of all m-xyz.mkxl module files. > > The same error message appears and i’m back at square one. After a bit of digging, I think that you are not using the latest version of tikz. In particular, in your log messages, there are a bunch of messages like system > module wrapping error in 'tikz' while these errors have been fixed in the latest release on ctan. Something is still not working correctly though. With the simple example that Hans sent, I get error messages: tex error > tex error on line 76 in file m-circuitikz.mkxl: Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/resistor', to which you passed 'american', and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it which are weird because tikz is looking at keys tikz/resistor rather than tikz/circuittikz/resistor. But I don't understand why this is the case. Aditya