On Mon, 3 Jan 2022, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote: > On 1/3/2022 9:41 PM, Youssef Cherem via ntg-context wrote: > > Dear all, > > > > I've come back to using Context and I noticed the nice manuals around -- > > but one thing I miss is \definefontfamily (and \definefallbackfamily). > > > > There is info here: > > https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Use_fonts_distributed_with_ConTeXt > > > > > > and then checking out the specific page: > > https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definefontfamily > > > > > > It still baffles me that definefontfamily, though much simpler than > > typescripts (which is intimidating), is not mentioned in the beginner's > > manuals (unless I missed something) and neither is it given more > > prominence in the Wiki, although I often see it mentioned in the forums. > > Being used to fontspec's simplicity, I'd never use typescripts. It would > > help a lot, for example, to include a sample of "definefontfamily" in > > "Use any font you like". > > > > Is there a reason why definefontfamily doesn't appear at all in the > > manuals (as far as I could see), which are rather comprehensive otherwise? > > Because Wolfgang has to write a chapter (or a MyWay document) and we're > all mostly volunteers so ... There is the talk that Wolfgang gave in this year's context meeting: https://meeting.contextgarden.net/2021/talks/2021-09-23/definefontfamily.pdf Aditya