On Sun, 18 Dec 2022, Alan Braslau via ntg-context wrote: > On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 16:14:33 +0000 > Jethro Djan via ntg-context wrote: > > > 2. How do I get CoTeXt to recognise the ref.bib file when I run the > > components not the product? > > > > For context, I don’t want the references printed at the end of each > > chapter but I would like the in-text citation to work (if that is > > possible). If not, is it possible compile the whole product but only > > output a certain page range? > > You need to include the \usebtxdataset [ref.bib] in an environment file > that gets read each run. > > A limitation, or rather a design goal, of the bibliography subsystem is > that citations will not work unless you render the bibliography list. You can, of course, cheat: \setbox\scratchbox\vbox{\placelistofpublications} > Why is this? The reasoning is that it makes no sense to give list > numbers or list labels (e.g. APA : authoryear) if there is no list, for > these numbers or labels depend on the context (bibliography by chapter, > by part, by volume, or by book, for example). Aditya