* Wrong redirection in contextgarden.net
@ 2017-04-29  7:47 Nicola
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nicola @ 2017-04-29  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

For a while now, when I connect to contextgarden.net, I get redirected
to wiki.contextgarden.net// (note the double slash). Is it just me, or
something to be fixed in the web site?

Nicola

* Re: Wrong redirection in contextgarden.net
@ 2017-04-29 14:06 ` EEva
From: EEva @ 2017-04-29 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Same here, maybe a misconfiguration.

Le 29/04/17 à 09:47, Nicola a écrit:
> For a while now, when I connect to contextgarden.net, I get redirected
> to wiki.contextgarden.net// (note the double slash). Is it just me, or
> something to be fixed in the web site?
>
> Nicola

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Wrong redirection in contextgarden.net
@ 2017-04-29 15:36 ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2017-04-29 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

yeah, I've had this problem awhile too.

@ 2017-04-29 16:05 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2017-04-29 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 April 2017 at 09:47, Nicola wrote:
> For a while now, when I connect to contextgarden.net, I get redirected
> to wiki.contextgarden.net// (note the double slash). Is it just me, or
> something to be fixed in the web site?

The server uses
    RedirectMatch permanent ^(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1

I'm looking for a better suggestion.

Mojca

* Re: Wrong redirection in contextgarden.net
@ 2017-04-29 18:25   ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2017-04-29 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 29/04/2017 18:05, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 29 April 2017 at 09:47, Nicola wrote:
>> For a while now, when I connect to contextgarden.net, I get redirected
>> to wiki.contextgarden.net// (note the double slash). Is it just me, or
>> something to be fixed in the web site?
>
> The server uses
>     RedirectMatch permanent ^(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1
>
> I'm looking for a better suggestion.

Wouldn't just

   Redirect permanent / http://wiki.contextgarden.net/

do? (It may be recursive if the virtual host is the same.)

If not, how about:

RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1

As a last resource, mod_rewrite should work:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^contextgarden\.net$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1 [R=301,L]

@ 2017-04-29 19:29     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2017-04-29 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 April 2017 at 20:25, Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/04/2017 18:05, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> On 29 April 2017 at 09:47, Nicola wrote:
>>>
>>> For a while now, when I connect to contextgarden.net, I get redirected
>>> to wiki.contextgarden.net// (note the double slash). Is it just me, or
>>> something to be fixed in the web site?
>>

>> The server uses
>>     RedirectMatch permanent ^(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1
>>
>> I'm looking for a better suggestion.
>
> Wouldn't just
>
>   Redirect permanent / http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
>
> do? (It may be recursive if the virtual host is the same.)
>
> If not, how about:
>
> RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1
>
> As a last resource, mod_rewrite should work:
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^contextgarden\.net$ [NC]
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://wiki.contextgarden.net/$1 [R=301,L]

Thank you for suggestions, I'll do some testing.

In case I forget, please remind me about this after the 4th May. We
currently have as good as no internet connectivity and I would hate to
break the server while experimenting and then being unable to do
anything afterwards.

Mojca

* Re: Wrong redirection in contextgarden.net
@ 2017-05-06 17:22       ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2017-05-06 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 29/04/2017 21:29, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> In case I forget, please remind me about this after the 4th May.

Ping. As requested ;)
Nicola