* Default latex font
@ 2007-11-30 20:20 Xavier J. B. L.
From: Xavier J. B. L. @ 2007-11-30 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I know that Context uses Latin Modern instead of Computer Modern that
use Latex. I want to know how to change it.

Thank you very much,
Xan.

* Re: Default latex font
@ 2007-12-01 12:02 ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2007-12-01 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Xavier J. B. L. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that Context uses Latin Modern instead of Computer Modern that
> use Latex. I want to know how to change it.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Xan.

Please, reply me in this mail
Sorry

* Re: Default latex font
@ 2007-12-01 12:04 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2007-12-01 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:20:46PM +0100, Xavier J. B. L. wrote:

> I know that Context uses Latin Modern instead of Computer Modern that
> use Latex. I want to know how to change it.

\usepackage[lmodern] should work.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Default latex font
@ 2007-12-01 18:35   ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2007-12-01 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:20:46PM +0100, Xavier J. B. L. wrote:
>

>> I know that Context uses Latin Modern instead of Computer Modern that
>> use Latex. I want to know how to change it.
>>

> \usepackage[lmodern] should work.
>
> Cheers, Peter

In context?
I want to change Latin Modern to Computer Modern in context.

Thanks,
Xan.

* Re: Default LaTeX font
@ 2007-12-01 19:28     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2007-12-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2007-12-01 um 19:35 schrieb Xan:

>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:20:46PM +0100, Xavier J. B. L. wrote:
>>>
>>> I know that Context uses Latin Modern instead of Computer Modern
>>> that use Latex. I want to know how to change it.
>> \usepackage[lmodern] should work. Cheers, Peter
> In context?
> I want to change Latin Modern to Computer Modern in context.

Why? LM is the better version of CM, visually the same font.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: Default latex font
@ 2007-12-02 10:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-02 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xan wrote:
> Peter Münster wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:20:46PM +0100, Xavier J. B. L. wrote:
>>

>>> I know that Context uses Latin Modern instead of Computer Modern that
>>> use Latex. I want to know how to change it.
>>>

>> \usepackage[lmodern] should work.
>>
>> Cheers, Peter
>>

> In context?
> I want to change Latin Modern to Computer Modern in context.

lm is meant as a replacement for cmr, plr, csr, aer, vnr, whatever-r
around ... it's metric compatible so it makes no sense to use cmr any
more (which was the whole idea behind starting the lm project); the same
is true for tex gyre

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Default latex font
@ 2007-12-02 15:21       ` Xan
From: Xan @ 2007-12-02 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Xan wrote:
>
>> Peter Münster wrote:

>>> \usepackage[lmodern] should work.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Peter
>>>

>> In context?
>> I want to change Latin Modern to Computer Modern in context.
>>

> lm is meant as a replacement for cmr, plr, csr, aer, vnr, whatever-r
> around ... it's metric compatible so it makes no sense to use cmr any
> more (which was the whole idea behind starting the lm project); the same
> is true for tex gyre

Perhaps it's better, but I like much cm.
I want to change. It's technically possible to change it?

Thanks,
Xan.

>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Default latex font
@ 2007-12-02 15:41         ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-12-02 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Xan,

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 08:21:49 -0700, Xan <dxpublica@telefonica.net> wrote:

>> lm is meant as a replacement for cmr, plr, csr, aer, vnr, whatever-r
>> around ... it's metric compatible so it makes no sense to use cmr any
>> more (which was the whole idea behind starting the lm project); the same
>> is true for tex gyre
>>

> Perhaps it's better, but I like much cm.
> I want to change. It's technically possible to change it?

Sure, you just have to define your own typescripts and install the fonts
(eg bluesky version). There are some howto's out there for installing
postscript fonts in ConTeXt (see the wiki:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts ), and make sure you take optical
scaling into account (my article discusses that).

The only thing that I've noticed is that bluesky cmr seems to be hinted
better and looks better on-screen at certain sizes than the lmr postscript
fonts.

OTOH I see no reason for using cmr. For all practical purposes lmr IS cmr.
If you find an area where there is a substantial difference, I'd like to
see it :-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies