On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:28:23 -0700, Hans Hagen wrote: > \dontleavehmode \begstrut bla bla \endstrut \par On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:40:50 -0700, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > That was a bad example, just try it :-) Ok, better example attached :-) > But if you have a chuck of well-controlled text, there is a trick: > \lineskiplimit=-10000pt > blaq blaq {\tfc blaq blaq} blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq > blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq > {\tfc blaq blaq} blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq blaq On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:41:35 -0700, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > %\lineskiplimit=0pt > \lineskip=0pt > > blah blah {\tfc blah blah} blah blah blah blah blah blah > blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah > {\tfc blah blah} blah blah blah blah blah blah I have attached a file and pdf that illustrate all four scenarios; none of the above solutions seems to work, but maybe I need to tinker with the def's in test-strut.tex. For my purposes Hans' approach is the most useful (if we can make it work) because otherwise it makes me have to do more copy-editing of paragraphs and I might miss some (based on Taco's observation it is probably not wise to make this global). Best wishes Idris -- Professor Idris Samawi Hamid, Editor-in-Chief International Journal of Shi`i Studies Department of Philosophy Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO 80523 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/