Hi Wolfgang, On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:09:16 -0700, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: >> What is the official way to get old style numerals in 11pt in mkiv? I'm >> just using lm. > > It depends what do you want to achieve, local changes can be done with > \os, but this will use numbers from the math font. That's exactly why \os is almost useless (it messes up itemizations and other stuff); better to \switchtotypeface, even for local changes. > option two is to write > \setfontfeature{oldstyle} in the preamble of your document and ConTeXt > use oldstyle numbers by default if present in the current font. You also have to define "oldstyle" :-) ========================================== % engine=luatex \definefontfeature [oldstyle] [mode=node,language=dflt,script=latn,onum=yes,tnum=yes] \setfontfeature{oldstyle} \starttext 1234567890 \stoptext ========================================== > There is currently no better way to enable oldstyle number for the > whole document except you define your own typescripts and use them. I spent hours today writing and debugging a huge typescript for lm (all those optical sizes, since i could not for the life of me get it to piggy-back the def's in type-siz). I just got it working flawlessly a few minutes ago -- sublime, a work of art even -- then I get your message which would have saved me hours of work! I just needed that one command!!! You're an angel, just wish I got this this morning ;-) Best wishes Idris PS Note that tnum (tabular version) looks better than onum alone, but is a function of onum in the font so cannot be invoked unless onum is invoked first. -- Professor Idris Samawi Hamid, Editor-in-Chief International Journal of Shi`i Studies Department of Philosophy Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO 80523 -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/