* sectionnumber conversion
@ 2006-06-21  1:20 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2006-06-21  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear fellow gangsters,

Consider the following test file; partnumber=on. I would like partnumber
to be converted to capital roman numerals while the page numeral remains
as an Arabic numeral. Viz., instead of

1--1, 1--2 etc.

in the TOC and pagenumbers I would like

I--1, I--2 etc.

in the TOC and pagenumbers. Is there a command like

\setupsectionnumbering[conversion=Romannumerals]? Then I would say,

\setuppartnumbering[conversion=Romannumerals]

The test file is below.

Best
Idris

=======================part-test.tex==================
% output=pdf interface=en

\def\PartTitle#1{\noheaderandfooterlines
                  \vbox{\blank[force,7\bodyfontsize]
                  \switchtobodyfont[14.4pt]
                  \midaligned{\cgd #1}
                  }}

\setuphead[part][number=no,
                  ownnumber=yes,
                  style=\itd,
                  textcommand=\PartTitle,
                  placehead=yes]

\setupsection [section2]
[appendixconversion=Character, % Watch the capital
previousnumber=no]

%\setuppagenumbering[way=bytext,partnumber=no]
%\setupcombinedlist[content][partnumber=no]

\starttext

\startbodymatter

\placecontent

\part{I}{Body}

\chapter{The Body Stuff}

\stopbodymatter

\startappendices

\setupheadnumber[part][+]

\part{II}{Appendices}

\chapter{Appendix}

\stopappendices

\stoptext

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* sectionnumber conversion redux
@ 2006-06-28  3:29 ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2006-06-28  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I sent this a week ago, still awaiting help :-)

Idris

* Re: sectionnumber conversion redux
@ 2006-06-28  7:26   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-28  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> I sent this a week ago, still awaiting help :-)

Sorry, missed it. This fixes the page numbers in the headers

   \setupsection [section-1][conversion=Romannumerals]

I do not (yet) know how to fix the TOC.

@ 2006-06-28  9:18     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-06-28  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>
>> I sent this a week ago, still awaiting help :-)
>

> I do not (yet) know how to fix the TOC.

It looks to me like you cannot get it right inside the TOC
at the moment. :-(

Taco

* Re: sectionnumber conversion redux
@ 2006-06-28 19:08       ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2006-06-28 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Thnx for the help :-)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:18:56 -0600, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>>
>>> I sent this a week ago, still awaiting help :-)
>>

>> I do not (yet) know how to fix the TOC.
>
> It looks to me like you cannot get it right inside the TOC
> at the moment. :-(

Hans, can this be fixed?

Best
Idris

--

@ 2006-06-28 21:15         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-06-28 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> Thnx for the help :-)
>
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:18:56 -0600, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> I do not (yet) know how to fix the TOC.
>>>
>> It looks to me like you cannot get it right inside the TOC
>> at the moment. :-(
>>

> Hans, can this be fixed?

maybe some time ... when i overhaul the numbering (later this year as
part of a major overhaul)

Hans