* TeXFont bug?
@ 2007-02-05 16:30 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-02-05 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

In a recent font install, TeXFont, with --show option did what it was
supposed to, except that it did not process the resulting TeX file.
Instead I get:

irun: no perl.exe script
of name texexec.pl can be found.
Aborting.
irun: CreateProcess 3

OTOH, I can run the tex file manually so all should be well. But it's
still an apparent bug.

Best
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: TeXFont bug?
@ 2007-02-05 17:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-02-05 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> In a recent font install, TeXFont, with --show option did what it was
> supposed to, except that it did not process the resulting TeX file.
> Instead I get:
>
> irun: no perl.exe script
> of name texexec.pl can be found.
> Aborting.
> irun: CreateProcess 3
>
> OTOH, I can run the tex file manually so all should be well. But it's
> still an apparent bug.

not of texfont but of irun

texmfstart texfont

should work ok if you have perl installed

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: TeXFont bug?
@ 2007-02-06  1:04   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-02-06  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:46:11 -0700, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> irun: no perl.exe script
>> of name texexec.pl can be found.
>> Aborting.
>> irun: CreateProcess 3
>>
>> OTOH, I can run the tex file manually so all should be well. But it's
>> still an apparent bug.
>>
> not of texfont but of irun
>

> texmfstart texfont
>
> should work ok if you have perl installed

Hmmm,

texmfstart texfont <etc.>

gives the same error, and perl is installed...

Best
Idris