* Re: incorrect hyphenation
       [not found] <op.ts2izntznx1yh1@your-b27fb1c401>
@ 2007-05-29 11:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-05-29 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear Hans, Taco,
>
> I'm getting bad English hyphenation all over the place with the recent
> ConTeXt that comes with luatex:
>
> In the sample, look at the hyphenation of `near'. Did not send this to
> the list because I don't know if this is an
> official context release I'm dealing with. However, I'm using pdftex
> mode, not luatex.
\def\sethyphenationvariables
  {\lefthyphenmin 0\languageparameter\s!lefthyphenmin \relax
   \righthyphenmin0\languageparameter\s!righthyphenmin\relax
   \lefthyphenmin \numexpr\lefthyphenmin +\hyphenminoffset\relax
   \righthyphenmin\numexpr\righthyphenmin+\hyphenminoffset\relax}

wrong in the beta

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: incorrect hyphenation
@ 2007-05-29 12:33   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-05-29 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 May 2007 05:15:27 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> I'm getting bad English hyphenation all over the place with the recent
>> ConTeXt that comes with luatex:
>>
>> In the sample, look at the hyphenation of `near'. Did not send this to
>> the list because I don't know if this is an
>> official context release I'm dealing with. However, I'm using pdftex
>> mode, not luatex.
> \def\sethyphenationvariables
>   {\lefthyphenmin 0\languageparameter\s!lefthyphenmin \relax
>    \righthyphenmin0\languageparameter\s!righthyphenmin\relax
>    \lefthyphenmin \numexpr\lefthyphenmin +\hyphenminoffset\relax
>    \righthyphenmin\numexpr\righthyphenmin+\hyphenminoffset\relax}

Hmm, placed this in the preamble, stilll getting the same bad
hyphenation...

Does it need to go into a context/base file + reformat? if so which one?

Best
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: incorrect hyphenation
@ 2007-05-29 12:45     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-05-29 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2007 05:15:27 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>>> I'm getting bad English hyphenation all over the place with the recent
>>> ConTeXt that comes with luatex:
>>>
>>> In the sample, look at the hyphenation of `near'. Did not send this to
>>> the list because I don't know if this is an
>>> official context release I'm dealing with. However, I'm using pdftex
>>> mode, not luatex.
>>>
>> \def\sethyphenationvariables
>>   {\lefthyphenmin 0\languageparameter\s!lefthyphenmin \relax
>>    \righthyphenmin0\languageparameter\s!righthyphenmin\relax
>>    \lefthyphenmin \numexpr\lefthyphenmin +\hyphenminoffset\relax
>>    \righthyphenmin\numexpr\righthyphenmin+\hyphenminoffset\relax}
>>

> Hmm, placed this in the preamble, stilll getting the same bad
> hyphenation...
>
> Does it need to go into a context/base file + reformat? if so which one?

replace t he old one in lang-ini and remake formats

or get the beta

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: incorrect hyphenation
@ 2007-05-29 13:03       ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-05-29 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 May 2007 06:45:15 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> Hmm, placed this in the preamble, stilll getting the same bad
>> hyphenation...
>>
>> Does it need to go into a context/base file + reformat? if so which one?
>>
> replace t he old one in lang-ini and remake formats
>
> or get the beta

I just downloaded the beta: lm-texnansi-os.enc still has the wrong
oldstyle numerals: should be

/zero.taboldstyle
/one.taboldstyle
/two.taboldstyle
/three.taboldstyle
/four.taboldstyle
/five.taboldstyle
/six.taboldstyle
/seven.taboldstyle
/eight.taboldstyle
/nine.taboldstyle

The lm people have apparently switched across the board; some fonts still
support the .oldstyle suffixes in addition to .taboldstyle but others
(like lmtt) only support .taboldstyle. So the latter should be the default.

Best
Idris

--

@ 2007-05-29 13:09         ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-05-29 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 May 2007 07:03:15 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid
<ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote:

> /zero.taboldstyle
> /one.taboldstyle
> /two.taboldstyle
> /three.taboldstyle
> /four.taboldstyle
> /five.taboldstyle
> /six.taboldstyle
> /seven.taboldstyle
> /eight.taboldstyle
> /nine.taboldstyle
>
> The lm people have apparently switched across the board; some fonts still
> support the .oldstyle suffixes in addition to .taboldstyle but others
> (like lmtt) only support .taboldstyle.

I should add that the tfm's for .oldstyle are wrong, even for lmr. So
there .oldstyle is really not supported anymore. Hence...