* oldstyle bug
@ 2007-05-20 18:43 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-05-20 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear gang,

Using global oldstyle:

=================
\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][hz,normal]
\setupalign[hz,hanging]
\usetypescript[modern-base][texnansi]  % a simplified latin-modern
typescript
\usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern-os] [texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[reset]
\setupbodyfont[modern,11pt]
=================

When I use \type, I get lots of messages like:

=================
pdfTeX warning: pdftex.exe (file
c:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmt
t10.pfb): glyph `eight.oldstyle' undefined
=================

This did not used to happen before. Not sure if this is a ConTeXt or
Latin~Modern bug.

I tried

=================
\def\TYPE{%
\usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern] [texnansi]
\switchtobodyfont[modern,11pt]}

\setuptyping[style=\TYPE]
=================

but this did not work.

Please advise! Workarounds welcome-)

Best
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: oldstyle bug
@ 2007-05-20 20:18 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-05-20 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Idris,

Indeed this looks quite odd.
I tried to put such figures in a tabulate environment.
It appears, that the old style figures called are table-figures i.e.
they are monospaced.

Willi Egger
w.egger@boede.nl

On May 20, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:

> Dear gang,
>
> Using global oldstyle:
>
> =================
> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][hz,normal]
> \setupalign[hz,hanging]
> \usetypescript[modern-base][texnansi]  % a simplified latin-modern
> typescript
> \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern-os] [texnansi]
> \setupbodyfont[reset]
> \setupbodyfont[modern,11pt]
> =================
>
> When I use \type, I get lots of messages like:
>
> =================
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex.exe (file
> c:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmt
> t10.pfb): glyph `eight.oldstyle' undefined
> =================
>
> This did not used to happen before. Not sure if this is a ConTeXt or
> Latin~Modern bug.
>
> I tried
>
> =================
> \def\TYPE{%
> \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern] [texnansi]
> \switchtobodyfont[modern,11pt]}
>
> \setuptyping[style=\TYPE]
> =================
>
> but this did not work.
>
> Please advise! Workarounds welcome-)
>
> Best
> Idris
>
> --
> Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
> Department of Philosophy
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins, CO 80523
>
> --
> ntg-context
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: oldstyle bug
@ 2007-05-20 21:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-05-20 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> Using global oldstyle:
>
> =================
> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][hz,normal]
> \setupalign[hz,hanging]
> \usetypescript[modern-base][texnansi]  % a simplified latin-modern
> typescript
> \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern-os] [texnansi]
> \setupbodyfont[reset]
> \setupbodyfont[modern,11pt]
> =================
>
> When I use \type, I get lots of messages like:
>
> =================
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex.exe (file
> c:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmt
> t10.pfb): glyph `eight.oldstyle' undefined
> =================

maybe lmtt has no oldstyle
> This did not used to happen before. Not sure if this is a ConTeXt or
> Latin~Modern bug.
>
> I tried
>
> =================
> \def\TYPE{%
> \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern] [texnansi]
> \switchtobodyfont[modern,11pt]}
>
> \setuptyping[style=\TYPE]
> =================

really slow this ... no need for map file loading here
> but this did not work.
>
> Please advise! Workarounds welcome-)

can you check if the right map files are used?

(sorry, in the middle of a flu so i'm not clear enough to investigate)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: oldstyle bug
@ 2007-05-22 14:43   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-05-22 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 20 May 2007 15:45:33 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> =================
>> pdfTeX warning: pdftex.exe (file
>> c:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmt
>> t10.pfb): glyph `eight.oldstyle' undefined
>>
> maybe lmtt has no oldstyle

No, the maintainers changed the glyph names, I have no idea why (see the
"ugly bug" thread).

> (sorry, in the middle of a flu so i'm not clear enough to investigate)

Get well soon!

Best
Idris