* magazine demo hangs forever
       [not found] <mailman.582.1186564631.2346.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-08-12 11:42 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-08-12 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

The script

%engine=luatex
\starttyping
texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
\stoptyping

hangs forever...

--
Best regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: magazine demo hangs forever
@ 2007-08-12 14:42   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-12 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/12/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The script
try

> %engine=luatex
> \starttyping
> texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
> \stoptyping
>
> hangs forever...

%engine=luatex
%% save this as test002.tex
\starttext
\starttyping
texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
\stoptyping
\stoptext

$>texmfstart texexec --pdf test002.tex
compiles ok
It's context that uses luatex as engine ;

you can also write down "pure" luatex code but \starttyping it's not a
luatex macro
nor primitive (and \stoptyping too)

--
luigi

* Re: magazine demo hangs forever
@ 2007-08-12 15:27     ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-08-12 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: luigi scarso; +Cc: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Dear Luigi,

Sorry, I overlooked that \startstext \stoptext pair.  :o)

Believe it or not, but the working script produces... texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex text of a white paper! I expected to get magazine demo.  :o)

P.S. Respectfully, did you consider set your name and surname to begin with capital letters?  ;o)

--

@ 2007-08-12 15:53       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-12 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/12/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Luigi,
>
> Sorry, I overlooked that \startstext \stoptext pair.  :o)
>
> Believe it or not, but the working script produces... texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex text of a white paper! I expected to get magazine demo.  :o)
ah, ok.
$> texmfstart texexec --luatex --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
does not compile well on my box, I believe fonts problem  .

> P.S. Respectfully, did you consider set your name and surname to begin with capital letters?  ;o)
hmm, why ?

--
luigi

* Re: magazine demo hangs forever
@ 2007-08-12 16:01         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-12 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/12/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/12/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Luigi,
> >
> > Sorry, I overlooked that \startstext \stoptext pair.  :o)
> >
> > Believe it or not, but the working script produces... texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex text of a white paper! I expected to get magazine demo.  :o)
> ah, ok.
> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
> does not compile well on my box, I believe fonts problem  .
Same problem with
$> texmfstart texexec --pdf  --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
Also
$> texmfstart texexec --luatex  --module s-ptj-01.tex
doesn't work
but
$> texmfstart texexec --pdf --module s-ptj-01.tex
it's ok.
--
luigi

* Re: magazine demo hangs forever
@ 2007-08-12 16:20           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-12 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, luigi scarso wrote:

> On 8/12/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/12/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear Luigi,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I overlooked that \startstext \stoptext pair.  :o)
>>>
>>> Believe it or not, but the working script produces... texmfstart
>>> texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex text of a white paper! I expected
>>> to get magazine demo.  :o)

Well, some drawback of reading the documentation in source. See
http://www.logosrl.it/context/modules/current/singles/s-ptj-01_ebook.pdf
(thanks to Luigi) and the example on
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules/Pracjourn

>> ah, ok.
>> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
>> does not compile well on my box, I believe fonts problem  .

The practex module uses tex gyre pagella fonts. So you need to have
the fonts in your distribution. I have not tested them with luatex
yet.

> Same problem with
> $> texmfstart texexec --pdf  --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex

This works here with old context (2007.07.24 14:36 MKII)

> Also
> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex  --module s-ptj-01.tex
> doesn't work

Do not have luatex on this machine.

> but
> $> texmfstart texexec --pdf --module s-ptj-01.tex
> it's ok.

This also works correctly with the old context. I will be at a machine
with uptodate context tomorrow and will check what is going wrong.

Aditya

* Re: magazine demo hangs forever
@ 2007-08-12 17:43           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-12 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> On 8/12/07, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/12/07, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear Luigi,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I overlooked that \startstext \stoptext pair.  :o)
>>>
>>> Believe it or not, but the working script produces... texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex text of a white paper! I expected to get magazine demo.  :o)
>> ah, ok.
>> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
>> does not compile well on my box, I believe fonts problem  .
> Same problem with
> $> texmfstart texexec --pdf  --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
> Also
> $> texmfstart texexec --luatex  --module s-ptj-01.tex
> doesn't work
> but
> $> texmfstart texexec --pdf --module s-ptj-01.tex
> it's ok.

i need to look into this, but mkiv really needs the starttext/stoptext
pair to match and these direct calls don't do that, mkii is a bit more
tolerant

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-12 17:43             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-12 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> The practex module uses tex gyre pagella fonts. So you need to have
> the fonts in your distribution. I have not tested them with luatex
> yet.

mkiv assumes tex-gyre fonts to be installed

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-12 19:50               ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-08-12 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8/12/07, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
> > The practex module uses tex gyre pagella fonts. So you need to have
> > the fonts in your distribution. I have not tested them with luatex
> > yet.
>
> mkiv assumes tex-gyre fonts to be installed
Should they be included in justtex.zip ?

--
luigi

* Re: magazine demo hangs forever
@ 2007-08-12 22:01                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-12 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> On 8/12/07, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>>> The practex module uses tex gyre pagella fonts. So you need to have
>>> the fonts in your distribution. I have not tested them with luatex
>>> yet.
>> mkiv assumes tex-gyre fonts to be installed
> Should they be included in justtex.zip ?

aren't they? hm, must ceheck it then

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-08-12 22:07                   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-08-12 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:01:17 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> luigi scarso wrote:

>>> mkiv assumes tex-gyre fonts to be installed
>> Should they be included in justtex.zip ?
>
> aren't they? hm, must ceheck it then

Checked a few days ago, TeX Gyre is not in the distribution. In fact, the
only otf's in the distro are lm. Meant to send a note to you about that...

Best
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid