* TeX-Gyre package?
@ 2007-08-23  1:00 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-08-23  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans and gang,

Has TeX-Gyre been released as part of MKIV yet? I was in the processing of
updating my mswincontext distribution of 2007.08.07 and I noticed that
cont-tmf does not contain the TeX-Gyre fonts.

The reason I don't want to install the fonts from the official TeX-Gyre
site is because, before the release of MKIV, I installed them (with the
ConTeXt support files on that site of course) and they did not all work
:-( So I'd prefer to install them from a single ConTeXt package/zip so
that we could all have easier installation (just unzip) as well as a
common benchmark, especially if things go wrong ;-)

Best wishes
Idris

--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: TeX-Gyre package?
@ 2007-08-23  6:52 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-08-23  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/8/23, Idris Samawi Hamid <ishamid@colostate.edu>:
> Dear Hans and gang,
>
> Has TeX-Gyre been released as part of MKIV yet? I was in the processing of
> updating my mswincontext distribution of 2007.08.07 and I noticed that
> cont-tmf does not contain the TeX-Gyre fonts.

ConTeXt contains LuaTeX (type-otf, loaded by default) and pdfTeX (type-gyr)
typescripts for the TeX-Gyre Fonts.

> The reason I don't want to install the fonts from the official TeX-Gyre
> site is because, before the release of MKIV, I installed them (with the
> ConTeXt support files on that site of course) and they did not all work
> :-( So I'd prefer to install them from a single ConTeXt package/zip so
> that we could all have easier installation (just unzip) as well as a
> common benchmark, especially if things go wrong ;-)

What is your problem to download the fonts and unzip them in your TeX directory,
all other things are included in ConTeXt.

You can also wait for new minimals, Hans said he will ship the TeX-Gyre Fonts
because you need them for palatino, times ... with LuaTeX.

Wolfgang

* Re: TeX-Gyre package?
@ 2007-08-23  7:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-08-23  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear Hans and gang,
>
> Has TeX-Gyre been released as part of MKIV yet? I was in the processing of
> updating my mswincontext distribution of 2007.08.07 and I noticed that
> cont-tmf does not contain the TeX-Gyre fonts.
>
> The reason I don't want to install the fonts from the official TeX-Gyre
> site is because, before the release of MKIV, I installed them (with the
> ConTeXt support files on that site of course) and they did not all work
> :-( So I'd prefer to install them from a single ConTeXt package/zip so
> that we could all have easier installation (just unzip) as well as a
> common benchmark, especially if things go wrong ;-)

hm, gyre should be in the minimals; anyhow, i will build new ones when i
do a major update (i.e. when attribute based color moves into the
distribution)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: TeX-Gyre package?
@ 2007-08-23 20:33   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-08-23 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:52:37 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Has TeX-Gyre been released as part of MKIV yet? I was in the processing
>> of
>> updating my mswincontext distribution of 2007.08.07 and I noticed that
>> cont-tmf does not contain the TeX-Gyre fonts.
>
> ConTeXt contains LuaTeX (type-otf, loaded by default) and pdfTeX
> (type-gyr)
> typescripts for the TeX-Gyre Fonts.

Yes, this is so...

>> The reason I don't want to install the fonts from the official TeX-Gyre
>> site is because, before the release of MKIV, I installed them (with the
>> ConTeXt support files on that site of course) and they did not all work
>> :-( So I'd prefer to install them from a single ConTeXt package/zip so
>> that we could all have easier installation (just unzip) as well as a
>> common benchmark, especially if things go wrong ;-)
>
> What is your problem to download the fonts and unzip them in your TeX
> directory,
> all other things are included in ConTeXt.

Because

a) I'm doing a lot of really sensitive stuff with luatex (OrientalTeX
Project)
b) I want to keep my MKIV installation as clean as possible
c) If I have future luatex installation problems I don't want to have to
think about where this or that package came from that caused this or that
problem. If TeX-Gyre comes fully in a ConTeXt packege I'll have a clean
benchmark.

These days I am just too busy for a lot of unnecessary package debugging
etc. if I can avoid it.

> You can also wait for new minimals, Hans said he will ship the TeX-Gyre
> Fonts
> because you need them for palatino, times ... with LuaTeX.

That's exactly what I was asking about, I thought it may have ben done
already ;-)

Best wishes
Idris

PS Thank you again for all your past help!

--

@ 2007-08-23 20:57   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2007-08-23 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:18:52 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> Has TeX-Gyre been released as part of MKIV yet? I was in the processing
>> of
>> updating my mswincontext distribution of 2007.08.07 and I noticed that
>> cont-tmf does not contain the TeX-Gyre fonts.
>>
>> The reason I don't want to install the fonts from the official TeX-Gyre
>> site is because, before the release of MKIV, I installed them (with the
>> ConTeXt support files on that site of course) and they did not all work
>> :-( So I'd prefer to install them from a single ConTeXt package/zip so
>> that we could all have easier installation (just unzip) as well as a
>> common benchmark, especially if things go wrong ;-)
>
> hm, gyre should be in the minimals;

I checked (justtex.zip), the tex-gyre fonts are still not there, only
latin modern otf's...

> anyhow, i will build new ones when i
> do a major update (i.e. when attribute based color moves into the
> distribution)

Ok, I'll wait, I hope it's not too far off ;-)

Best wishes
Idris