* Minimals and FreeBSD
@ 2008-06-08  7:30 Dominique Dutoit
From: Dominique Dutoit @ 2008-06-08  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>  MtxRun | skipping configuration for /texmf-local/web2c from
>  /home/diego/luatex-cache/context/fcf214085bb2c4fcd9a0f9a9f0d0aecf/trees/d80510d450a3fa2a64df4d3741825f1d
>  MtxRun | skipping configuration for /texmf/web2c from
>  /home/diego/luatex-cache/context/fcf214085bb2c4fcd9a0f9a9f0d0aecf/trees/3113242409ded67a0ad7bd508bd26609
>  MtxRun | using script: ./bin/mtx-update.luareport >> state: loaded
>  report >> update: start
>  ./bin/mtx-update.lua:181: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected,
> got nil)

For some reasons, os.currentplatform() returns "generic" under FreeBSD
(tested on 7.0), which is not defined in the platforms table and creates
this error.

The workaround is to pass the platform name to first-setup.sh:

	./first-setup.sh --platform=freebsd

But near the end of the installation process, MtxRun fails to execute the
binaries because it tries to find them in tex/texmf-generic.

At this stage, I have used the source command to setup the environment and
executed texexec --make --all to finish up the installation.

So good so far, it seems to work, but I have no idea what's happening
there.

Bye,
Dominique

* Re: Minimals and FreeBSD
@ 2008-06-08 13:40 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-08 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Dominique Dutoit wrote:

> For some reasons, os.currentplatform() returns "generic" under FreeBSD
> (tested on 7.0), which is not defined in the platforms table and creates
> this error.
>
> The workaround is to pass the platform name to first-setup.sh:
>
>        ./first-setup.sh --platform=freebsd
>
> But near the end of the installation process, MtxRun fails to execute the
> binaries because it tries to find them in tex/texmf-generic.
>
> At this stage, I have used the source command to setup the environment and
> executed texexec --make --all to finish up the installation.
>
> So good so far, it seems to work, but I have no idea what's happening
> there.

Hello Dominique,

First of all - I'm impressed by the number of FreeBSD users :) Nobody
has ever requested the standalone distribution for ages since it
existed.

LuaTeX needs to support the platform (there's a fixed set of platform
names predefined, but I thought that the issue has been resolved
already). Taco seems to have applied a patch to resolve the issue on
20th May, but that's more recent than the latest luatex beta.

Diego or Yue - maybe you should submit a more recent luatex binary to
"current" to support FreeBSD on minimals?

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: Minimals and FreeBSD
@ 2008-06-08 18:46 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-08 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Dominique Dutoit wrote:

> For some reasons, os.currentplatform() returns "generic" under FreeBSD
> (tested on 7.0), which is not defined in the platforms table and creates
> this error.

Hello Dominique,

can you please try if it works now? Diego commited the new luatex for FreeBSD.

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: Minimals and FreeBSD
@ 2008-06-13  5:18   ` Dominique Dutoit
From: Dominique Dutoit @ 2008-06-13  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> For some reasons, os.currentplatform() returns "generic" under FreeBSD
>> (tested on 7.0), which is not defined in the platforms table and creates
>> this error.
>
> Hello Dominique,
>
> can you please try if it works now? Diego commited the new luatex for
> FreeBSD.

Hi Mojca,

It works perfectly.

Thanks,