Hi Khaled, On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:52:27 -0600, Khaled Hosny wrote: >> experimental in the beta >> >> \setcharactermirroring[1] > > It does work perfectly with unidirectional texts (RTL or LTR), but when > mixing bi-directional text, like Arabic text between brackets inside > English line, the closing bracket takes the direction of the embedded > text not the main line. > See the attached example. I just worked with this, and made some symmetrical definitions: see the attached modified files. \setcharactermirroring[0,1] works in both uni- and bi-directional text -- note that each bracketpair is inside of its respective directional context. However, for the FIRST occurence of a bracket-pair in a bidi paragraph it does not behave as expected. It may be that the second invocation of \setcharactermirroring does not immediately override the last. Maybe we need a \flush or \clearsetcharactermirroring command? Best wishes Idris -- Professor Idris Samawi Hamid, Editor-in-Chief International Journal of Shi`i Studies Department of Philosophy Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO 80523