* stacking marginal notes
@ 2011-11-04  0:06 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد @ 2011-11-04  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Syndicate,

Does stacking work? I've never tried it before, but it would be a godsend
to the current porting-to-mkiv project:

=========================
\setupmargindata[inmargin][stack=yes]
\setupmarginframed[inmargin][stack=yes]

\starttext
\dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the annotation module and the indenting
mechanism. }\inmargin{This is a test of the annotation module and the
indenting mechanism.} \dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the annotation
module and the indenting mechanism. }

% \dorecurse{4}{This is a test of the annotation module and the indenting
mechanism. }

\dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the annotation module and the indenting
mechanism. }\inmargin{This is a test of the annotation module and the
indenting mechanism.} \dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the annotation
module and the indenting mechanism. }

\dorecurse{4}{This is a test of the annotation module and the indenting
mechanism. }
  \stoptext
[...]

Here the marginal notes overlap. If I'm doing something wrong, please
advise!

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shīʿī Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: stacking marginal notes
@ 2011-11-04  4:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-04  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.11.2011 um 01:06 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد:

> Dear Syndicate,
>
> Does stacking work? I've never tried it before, but it would be a godsend to the current porting-to-mkiv project:
>
> =========================
> \setupmargindata[inmargin][stack=yes]
> \setupmarginframed[inmargin][stack=yes]

I don’t have time to look at your problem but the stack parameter has to bet set with \setupmargindata, \setupmarginframed supports only options from \setupframed (because it’s the command to change the values of the internal \localframed command).

Wolfgang

* Re: stacking marginal notes
@ 2011-11-04 20:41   ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد @ 2011-11-04 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:32:56 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 04.11.2011 um 01:06 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد:
>
>> Dear Syndicate,
>>
>> Does stacking work? I've never tried it before, but it would be a
>> godsend to the current porting-to-mkiv project:
>>
>> =========================
>> \setupmargindata[inmargin][stack=yes]
>> \setupmarginframed[inmargin][stack=yes]

> I don’t have time to look at your problem but the stack parameter has to
> bet set with \setupmargindata, \setupmarginframed supports only options
> from \setupframed (because it’s the command to change the values of the
> internal \localframed command).

Sure, was just trying each to make sure I wasn't missing anything ... and
I truly _appreciate_ the invaluable detailed explanations!

Hans, can you say something about the status of this feature?

Thanks and

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shiʿi Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: stacking marginal notes
@ 2011-11-04 20:47     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-04 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس
	سماوي حامد
  Cc: mailing list for ConTeXt users

On 4-11-2011 21:41, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:32:56 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am 04.11.2011 um 01:06 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد:
>>
>>> Dear Syndicate,
>>>
>>> Does stacking work? I've never tried it before, but it would be a
>>> godsend to the current porting-to-mkiv project:
>>>
>>> =========================
>>> \setupmargindata[inmargin][stack=yes]
>>> \setupmarginframed[inmargin][stack=yes]
>
>> I don’t have time to look at your problem but the stack parameter has
>> to bet set with \setupmargindata, \setupmarginframed supports only
>> options from \setupframed (because it’s the command to change the
>> values of the internal \localframed command).
>
> Sure, was just trying each to make sure I wasn't missing anything ...
> and I truly _appreciate_ the invaluable detailed explanations!
>
> Hans, can you say something about the status of this feature?

stacking works

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: stacking marginal notes
@ 2011-11-04 21:27       ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد @ 2011-11-04 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:47:43 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> Hans, can you say something about the status of this feature?
>
> stacking works

lol ... ok, can you tell me what's wrong with the following example:

================
\setupmargindata[inmargin][stack=yes]

\starttext
\dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the stacking mechanism. }\inmargin{This is
a test of the stacking mechanism.} \dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the
stacking mechanism. }

\dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the stacking mechanism. }\inmargin{This is
a test of the stacking mechanism.} \dorecurse{2}{This is a test of the
stacking mechanism. }

\dorecurse{4}{This is a test of the stacking mechanism. }
  \stoptext

cause there's definitely no stacking here using the latest mkiv :-)