* Thicker row separator in a table
@ 2010-10-22 13:17 Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2010-10-22 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I'm trying to get a thicker [transparent] row separator in a table. I have the following code:

---
\definetabulate[TabA][|c|]

\def\XROW{\vrule height 2.5ex depth 1.ex}

\starttext
    \startTabA
      A \NR % Next Row
      B \NR
      C \SR % Separate Row
      D \MR % Mid Row
      E \AR % Auto Row
      F \NR
    \stopTabA

    \startTabA
      1 \XROW width 1em \NR
      2 \XROW width 1cm \NR
      3 \NR
      4 \NR
    \stopTabA
\stoptext
---

I tried all \?R commands (first table) but there is the same space between each row of the table.

(BTW: What is the difference in use or purpose between \MR, \SR and \AR?)

I'm trying to achieve a bigger space between two rows, like between 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 in the second table.

But, I had to use a bit "dirty" trick - to use an auxiliary blank \vrule with a specific height and depth (= \XROW). That is, I'm actually growing the height of rows instead of growing their separator (= space between them).

Is there a "cleaner" way how to achieve a bigger space between two rows? (I mean between two specific rows, not between rows of one table in general.)

Lukas