Hello, although I guess this is one of the really basic tasks, I'm not able to setup successfully page layout for double-sided printing. My idea is to have different free "space" leftwards and rightwards from the text area. I just want to get different width of the left/right area: 2.5 cm left (for binding) and 2 cm right (odd pages); and the same values mirrored for even pages. My code is: --- \setuplayout[location=doublesided] %\setuplayout[location=duplex] %\setuplayout[location=middle] \starttext \showsetups \showlayout \showgrid \dorecurse{1}{\input knuth\par} \stoptext --- You can see the result: 1. The left margin is "pushed" left, so only 2 cm of it is visible (but the margin should have 2.5 cm - see listed value of "leftmargin"). - And obviously there is 0.5 cm extra "space" rightwards from the right margin. Moreover, if any horizontal "pushing" is present, I'd expect shifting to the right to get a bit more space left, so that to allow binding on the left side. (I tried the horizontal shift to the left was the same for single- and double-sided setup.) 2. Horizontal "pushing" (shifting) is the same for even and odd pages. - I succeeded to remove horizontal "pushing" by setting the "backspace" value to 3 cm. But it's strange to me that one has to set this value explicitly, when keeping all other values default. - I'm still not able to provide switching the size of the left/right "space" for even/odd pages. So how to achieve this? Btw: Why the dimensions (<- \showsetups) are printed 5 times? Thank you for patience. Lukas -- Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz] Pontex s. r. o. [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz] Bezová 1658 147 14 Praha 4 Tel: +420 244 062 238 Fax: +420 244 461 038