* Wiki discussion: Fwd: Ctx wiki
       [not found] <op.vs7b9lk2tpjj8f@lpr>
@ 2011-04-01  8:51 ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
       [not found] ` <86C8E67E-0685-4425-BB8E-A939E5AB9210@speedata.de>
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-04-01  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I passed first trials contributing wiki - http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Special:Contributions/LuP.

Several questions:

- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif...

    The item about "\doif..." was intended to appear in the reference/en, but it doesn't. How to provide it?

- http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cstartitemize

    The item "\staritemize" creates (automatic?) table of contents, but bellow the first table (why?). Is it possible 1) to avoid the TOC creation or 2) to determine another TOC location?

- Why there is "%5C" in the links above? Any way how to avoid this?

Pls, feel free to modify my initial experienceless wiki code - I'll recognize your modifications, so I may avoid bad ways in the future.

Best regards,

Lukas

* Wiki discussion: Fwd: Re: Ctx wiki
       [not found]   ` <op.vs7kx0butpjj8f@lpr>
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-04-01  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hi Lukáš,

> Several questions:
>
> - http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif...
>
>  The item about "\doif..." was intended to appear in the reference/en, but it doesn't. How to provide it?

just insert

[[Category:Reference/en|doif]]

at the bottom of the page.

The page should not be "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif" but at "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/doif". And it might be helpful to follow the scheme of the other commands (see the source for http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/color for example) and fill out the "form" that is inside {{ .... }}.

> - http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cstartitemize
>
>  The item "\staritemize" creates (automatic?) table of contents, but bellow the first table (why?). Is it possible 1) to avoid the TOC creation or 2) to determine another TOC location?

If I remember correctly then you can say __NOTOC__ somewhere on the page that prevents creating a toc. And you should follow the example on the other references pages.

> - Why there is "%5C" in the links above? Any way how to avoid this?

I'd guess that \ is an invalid character in an URL, but I don't know. We have decided to omit the \ in the command names, because all commands start with a backslash.

HTH,

Patrick

       [not found]     ` <E7674480-7862-4C2E-8270-4BD13F5ACC44@speedata.de>
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-04-01  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

thanks for the hints -

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:20:37 +0200, Patrick Gundlach <gundlach@speedata.de> wrote:

> Hi Lukáš,

> just insert
>
> [[Category:Reference/en|doif]]
>
> at the bottom of the page.

OK, I did and a new valid link was created: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif...

But:

- its name is still "\doif"
- and not like "Reference/en/doif..."

(BTW: It seems to me better if all commands appeared without (the common) "Reference/en/", but OK, now I'd like to achieve the normal look of reference items; so how to get "Reference/en/doif...".)

> The page should not be "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif" but at "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/doif". And it might be helpful to follow the scheme of the other commands (see the source for http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/color for example)

Yes, that's a good complex and simple example (I was looking for such one).

> and fill out the "form" that is inside {{ .... }}.

Done.

> If I remember correctly then you can say __NOTOC__ somewhere on the page that prevents creating a toc. And you should follow the example on the other references pages.

OK.

> I'd guess that \ is an invalid character in an URL, but I don't know. We have decided to omit the \ in the command names, because all commands start with a backslash.
>
> HTH,
>
> Patrick

Once the "\doif..." page was created (somewhere?), how to "move" it to "Reference/en/doif..."?

- When I'm prompted for creation of a new page (for a missing item), I have no option where; I just can create one.

So if I've created a (bad) "\doif..." page, how to "transform" it to a "Reference/en/doif..." page? - I.e. 1) to change location and 2) to remove the leading "\" from the page name?

- You may still view and/or edit the "\doif..." page source, especially:

{{Reference|name=doif...|attributes=}}
[[Category:Reference/en|doif]]

(BTW: What is affected by "Reference|name=doif..." and what by "Category:Reference/en|doif"? - Seem similar, but I'm using "doif..." (with 3 dots) in the former case and "doif" in the latter one.

Last thing:

The title "\doif..." appears TWICE on the page http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif... - how to make it show just once?

From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2011-04-01  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hi,

> - its name is still "\doif"
> - and not like "Reference/en/doif..."

I have moved the page to Reference/en/doif...

> (BTW: It seems to me better if all commands appeared without (the common) "Reference/en/", but OK, now I'd like to achieve the normal look of reference items; so how to get "Reference/en/doif...".)

I know it's ugly, but I won't change anything.

> Once the "\doif..." page was created (somewhere?), how to "move" it to "Reference/en/doif..."?

I am not sure if normal users (not sysops) can move pages.

> - When I'm prompted for creation of a new page (for a missing item), I have no option where; I just can create one.
>
> So if I've created a (bad) "\doif..." page, how to "transform" it to a "Reference/en/doif..." page? - I.e. 1) to change location and 2) to remove the leading "\" from the page name?

see above. One can move pages, but I am not so sure who can do that.

> - You may still view and/or edit the "\doif..." page source, especially:
>
> {{Reference|name=doif...|attributes=}}
> [[Category:Reference/en|doif]]
>
> (BTW: What is affected by "Reference|name=doif..."

That's a template. See

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/index.php?title=Reference/en/doif...&action=edit

> and what by "Category:Reference/en|doif"?

Thats a category. Category pages with links are automatically created if you say Category:<something>.

> - Seem similar, but I'm using "doif..." (with 3 dots) in the former case and "doif" in the latter one.
>
> Last thing:
>
> The title "\doif..." appears TWICE on the page http://wiki.contextgarden.net/%5Cdoif... - how to make it show just once?

The first is the title of the page (Reference/en/doif...) and the second is the exact name of the command. No real perfect solution, but it's just the way it is.

I'd appreciate if we can move this discussion to the public mailing list.

Thanks

Patrick

* Re: Wiki discussion: Fwd: Ctx wiki
@ 2011-04-05 13:22   ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2011-04-05 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/4/1 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz>:
> - Why there is "%5C" in the links above? Any way how to avoid this?

Most likely because "\" is technically not a valid character in URLs
(I didn't check the RFC) and so is hex encoded as "%5C".

Best
   Martin