From: "Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o." <LPr@pontex.cz>
Subject: Re: Ctx: list of commands
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:11:00 +0200	[thread overview]

... Maybe I found something useful (initially I could not remember where and what to look for, but - )

c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-context\scripts\context\lua\mtx-interface.lua

There is:

----
local helpinfo = [[
--textpad             generate textpad interface files
--text                create text files for commands and environments
]]
----

So I'll check it.

I'd like to renew my TextPad syntax highlighting file for ConTeXt; or better to try to renew it as there were some Ctx commands missing in the (last) Ctx-generated syntax file and I had to add commands manually in it.

So if the list of commands is "more complete" or "really complete", I'd like to use it.

Best regards,

Lukas

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:20:44 +0200, Sietse Brouwer <sbbrouwer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> During the last few months the wiki got plenty of new commands added
>> that you could use.
>
> The wiki's list of commands is nowhere near complete, alas. There are
> a few (not many) commands *documented* on there that are not
> documented elsewhere, but if it's *existence* of commands you want to
> know about, the wiki is not a good source, so don't bother.
>
>> But I don't think there's an interface to
>> retrieve information from the wiki in an automated fashion.
>
> The API is, in fact, enabled:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/api.php
> But that is more for automated editing than automated retrieval: there
> are simply not enough microformats/templates in use to make automated
> processing worthwhile.
>
> As for what I myself do when I want to know about the existence or
> implementation of commands: I grep the source. This is NOT the same as
> producing a list of all commands, of course; just something that is
> also very useful, and may often solve the problem.
>
> I've defined a command 'crep' that will automatically search the
> source files in the main ConTeXt directory, so if I need something
> figure- or footnote-related I'll type
> crep '\\def.*figure'
> or
> crep 'footnote', for example
> That will usually at least give me an idea on which file I should look
> at. Once inside the file, there are often documenation comments that
> start with %D. It's not ideal. But it helps.
>
> ## start crep command in my .bashrc and .zshrc
> function condir {
>     cd /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/
> }
>
> # Easy grepping of ConTeXt functions
> function crep { condir; grep -R $* * }
> ## end crep command