* ConTeXt Minimal Installer for Windows
       [not found] <mailman.23.1354285521.2096.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-30 15:05 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2012-11-30 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

New version of ConTeXt Installer for Windows is available (v1.4).

It is a GUI wizard of small size (< 2MB), which downloads latest context
distribution, sets PATH for binaries, and generates format files. Then
ConTeXt works out-of-the-box.

Together with TeXWorks tool, it takes a few minutes from beginning of
installation to writing your first document.

Works fine for all Windows versions.

Known issues:
On my Windows 8 machine, post-install 'make' fails, but it can be run
manually then.

Thanks to Mojca for her help.

Regards,
Vaytcheslav

* Re: ConTeXt Minimal Installer for Windows
@ 2012-11-30 15:28   ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2012-11-30 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:05:08 +0100, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> New version of ConTeXt Installer for Windows is available (v1.4).

good news;

> It is a GUI wizard of small size (< 2MB), which downloads latest context
> distribution, sets PATH for binaries,

is it possible to add an option to NOT add path to Ctx binaries to PATH?

This may collide with TeXLive users, and also when one switches among more Ctx versions.

BTW: Where the new installer is available?

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Localization
       [not found] <mailman.23.1354285521.2096.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-30 16:14 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2012-11-30 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi

I want figure names to be 'Рисунок #' instead of 'Figure #'.

If I remember right, it was
\language[ru]
that did the localization. But I get 'Figure'.

How to localize figure names?

Regards,
Vaytcheslav

* Re: Localization
@ 2012-11-30 16:24   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-30 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.11.2012 um 17:14 schrieb Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I want figure names to be 'Рисунок #' instead of 'Figure #'.
>
> If I remember right, it was
> \language[ru]
> that did the localization. But I get 'Figure'.
>
> How to localize figure names?

Use \mainlnaguage[ru].

The commands are supposed to be used in this form:

\mainlanguage[…] % changes labels and global hyphenation patterns

\starttext
text in main language {\language[…]Text in another language} and again main language
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: ConTeXt Minimal Installer for Windows
@ 2012-12-02 16:28       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2012-12-02 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Sietse Brouwer wrote:
> Lukáš wrote:
>> One note - "ContextMinimalInstall.exe" should rather be named
>> "ContextStandaloneInstall.exe" or "ContextSuiteInstall.exe"... as "ConTeXt
>> Suite" is (now) the preferred name...
>
> Is that so? I'd missed that.
> Should I add "change references to 'ConTeXt Standalone' into 'ConTeXt
> Suite'" to the wiki's todo-list, for someone to pick up when they have
> the time?

We'll call it Suite once I do some further modifications (that will be
incompatible with the current distribution).

Mojca

* Re: ConTeXt Minimal Installer for Windows
@ 2012-12-01 18:24     ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-12-01 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lukáš wrote:
> One note - "ContextMinimalInstall.exe" should rather be named
> "ContextStandaloneInstall.exe" or "ContextSuiteInstall.exe"... as "ConTeXt
> Suite" is (now) the preferred name...

Is that so? I'd missed that.
Should I add "change references to 'ConTeXt Standalone' into 'ConTeXt
Suite'" to the wiki's todo-list, for someone to pick up when they have
the time?
--Sietse

@ 2012-12-01  8:47   ` Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2012-12-01  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)