* Alternative rendering of some TOC levels
@ 2013-05-03 14:27 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2013-05-03 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

how to change the way ("alternative") how a particular level - e.g. sections - are rendered in TOC?

I tried:

----
\setupcombinedlist
   [content]
   [alternative=c]

\setuplist
   [section]
   [alternative=b]

%\setupcombinedlist
%  [content]
%  [section]
%  [alternative=b]

\starttext
   \placecontent

   \chapter{Ch}
     \section{Sec}
       \subsection{SSec}
         \input knuth
\stoptext
----

This should change the "alternative" for section to be "b" (i.e. page numbers without filling dots), whilst the default look should be "alternative" "c" (i.e. dots and page numbers).

But my code doesn't produce the desired result - all TOC members are using "alternative" "c".

What is the true way to achieve it?

TIA.

Best regads,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

[-- Attachment #2: t.mkiv --]

\setupcombinedlist
  [content]
  [alternative=c]

\setuplist
  [section]
  [alternative=b]

%\setupcombinedlist
%  [content]
%  [section]
%  [alternative=b]

\starttext
  \placecontent

  \chapter{Ch}
    \section{Sec}
      \subsection{SSec}
        \input knuth
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: t.pdf --]

* Re: Alternative rendering of some TOC levels
@ 2013-05-04  7:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-04  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.05.2013 um 16:27 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz>:

> Hello,
>
> how to change the way ("alternative") how a particular level - e.g. sections - are rendered in TOC?
>
> I tried:
>
> ----
> \setupcombinedlist
>  [content]
>  [alternative=c]
>
> \setuplist
>  [section]
>  [alternative=b]
>
> %\setupcombinedlist
> %  [content]
> %  [section]
> %  [alternative=b]
>
> \starttext
>  \placecontent
>
>  \chapter{Ch}
>    \section{Sec}
>      \subsection{SSec}
>        \input knuth
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> This should change the "alternative" for section to be "b" (i.e. page numbers without filling dots), whilst the default look should be "alternative" "c" (i.e. dots and page numbers).

When you use \setupcombinedlist to change the alternative values this applies to all levels and individual settings are ignored.

The global setup can be better done with \setuplist[alternative=c].

Wolfgang

* Re: Alternative rendering of some TOC levels
@ 2013-05-04 18:50   ` Lukáš Procházka
From: Lukáš Procházka @ 2013-05-04 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 04 May 2013 09:31:45 +0200, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 03.05.2013 um 16:27 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> how to change the way ("alternative") how a particular level - e.g. sections - are rendered in TOC?
>>
>> I tried:
>>
>> ----
>> \setupcombinedlist
>>  [content]
>>  [alternative=c]
>>
>> \setuplist
>>  [section]
>>  [alternative=b]
>>
>> %\setupcombinedlist
>> %  [content]
>> %  [section]
>> %  [alternative=b]
>>
>> \starttext
>>  \placecontent
>>
>>  \chapter{Ch}
>>    \section{Sec}
>>      \subsection{SSec}
>>        \input knuth
>> \stoptext
>> ----
>>
>> This should change the "alternative" for section to be "b" (i.e. page numbers without filling dots), whilst the default look should be "alternative" "c" (i.e. dots and page numbers).
>
> When you use \setupcombinedlist to change the alternative values this applies to all levels and individual settings are ignored.
>
> The global setup can be better done with \setuplist[alternative=c].
>
> Wolfgang

... OK, thanks for explanation.

Best regards,

Lukas