* PdfXChange Viewer (slightly related to "Overriding pdfview")
@ 2013-07-01  6:57 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2013-07-01  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

as I saw many pdf viewers being supported by "--autopdf=...", there is one more (my favourite; Windows) - basic version is free but powerful, fast, keeps last view for each document; allows auto-reopen lately opened docs; enables copy-to-clipboard (text/image); annotations; allows simply open the document with all other installed pdf viewers; bookmarks; page thums; layers; attached files; many printing opts including n x m pages per sheet; ...

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

It might be good to support this viewer, too, for completeness.

Command line options (copied form the manual):

"
Command Line option
The PDF-XChange Viewer may be started with a PDF file or URL name as the first item on the command line. This facilitates starting the
Viewer in File Associations or using Windows ShellExecute.
The form of the command line for using this option is:

PDFXCview.exe [command] [filename1] [[filename2] [… [filenameN]]]
Where command can be one of the following commands:
   /A "param=value [&param2=value [&...]"
   /close[:save|discard|ask]
   /print[:[default=yes|no][&showui=yes|no][&printer=<printername>][&pages=<pagesrange>]]
   /printto[:[default=yes|no][&showui=yes|no][&pages=<pagesrange>]] <printername>
   /exportp <setting_file_name>
   /importp <setting_file_name>
   /RegServer
   /UnregServer
   /usep <setting_file_name>
"

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]
Pontex s. r. o.      [mailto:pontex@pontex.cz] [http://www.pontex.cz]

Tel: +420 244 062 238
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: PdfXChange Viewer (slightly related to "Overriding pdfview")
@ 2013-07-01  8:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-07-01  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/1/2013 8:57 AM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as I saw many pdf viewers being supported by "--autopdf=...", there is
> one more (my favourite; Windows) - basic version is free but powerful,
> fast, keeps last view for each document; allows auto-reopen lately
> opened docs; enables copy-to-clipboard (text/image); annotations; allows
> simply open the document with all other installed pdf viewers;
> bookmarks; page thums; layers; attached files; many printing opts
> including n x m pages per sheet; ...
>
> http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer
>
> It might be good to support this viewer, too, for completeness.
>
> Command line options (copied form the manual):
>
> "
> Command Line option
> The PDF-XChange Viewer may be started with a PDF file or URL name as the
> first item on the command line. This facilitates starting the
> Viewer in File Associations or using Windows ShellExecute.
> The form of the command line for using this option is:
>
> PDFXCview.exe [command] [filename1] [[filename2] [… [filenameN]]]
> Where command can be one of the following commands:
>    /A "param=value [&param2=value [&...]"
>    /close[:save|discard|ask]
>
> /print[:[default=yes|no][&showui=yes|no][&printer=<printername>][&pages=<pagesrange>]]
>
>    /printto[:[default=yes|no][&showui=yes|no][&pages=<pagesrange>]]
> <printername>
>    /exportp <setting_file_name>
>    /importp <setting_file_name>
>    /RegServer
>    /UnregServer
>    /usep <setting_file_name>
> "

you can add this to l-pdfview.lua (opencalls windows section):

         ['pdfxcview']   = [[start "test" pdfxcview.exe /A
"nolock=yes=OpenParameters" "%filename%"]],

if you have a texmfcnf.lua file in your local tree you can ass a
directive there, otherwise you can make such a file with:

return {
     type    = "configuration",
     content = {
         directives = {
             ["pdfview.method"] = "pdfxcview",
         },

     },
}

assuming of course that you have that viewer someplace in your path

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-07-01  9:43   ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2013-07-01  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Hans Hagen

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:54:11 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> you can add this to l-pdfview.lua (opencalls windows section):
>
>          ['pdfxcview']   = [[start "test" pdfxcview.exe /A
> "nolock=yes=OpenParameters" "%filename%"]],
>

> if you have a texmfcnf.lua file in your local tree you can add a
> directive there, otherwise you can make such a file with:
>
> return {
>      type    = "configuration",
>      content = {
>          directives = {
>              ["pdfview.method"] = "pdfxcview",
>          },
>
>      },
> }
>
> assuming of course that you have that viewer someplace in your path

PdfXChange is normally here:

"c:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\PDFXCview.exe"

or

"%ProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\PDFXCview.exe"

I guess the snippet might become a part of the standard ConTeXt Suite.

Lukas