From: "Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o." <LPr@pontex.cz>
Subject: Re: project structure
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:24:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:01:15 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a new experimental feature (one of the side effects of
> discussions with Alan about bibliographies and using distributed files
> in a project structure).
>
> Say that you have this:
>
> test1.tex : uses \component one/test2
>
> one/test2.tex : uses \component two/test3
>
> etc. There can be resources under one/two that test3 needs and one way
> out is to add this path to the used paths. Doing that automatically can
> result in side effects when multiple resources with the same name are used.
>
> However, we now have a concept of the local job path, so when test2 is
> read the jobfile: prefix will use path one, and when reading test3, that
> prefix will trigger one/two usage.

very nice and handy feature, thanks for that.

Just a remark -
- there was a similar prefix "toppath:" introduced some time ago.

And - IIUC - "jobfile" refers to a dir rather than to a file, so wouldn't be better to call the prefix "jobdir:" or "jobpath:"?

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr@pontex.cz]