Dear gang, ConTeXt currently follows archaic BibTeX conventions in labeling doctoral dissertations for bibliography. So we have the tag 'phdthesis' as in \startpublication[k=hamid98, t=phdthesis, a=Hamid, y=1998, s=ISH98] \author[]{Idris Samawi}[I.]{}{Hamid} \title{The Metaphysics and Cosmology of \TeX} \pubname{\TeX\ State University} \pubyear{1998} \stoppublication The tag gets mapped to 'PhD thesis' in the output. But current English style is to use 'thesis' for Masters degrees and 'dissertation' for doctoral degrees [See the Merriam-Webster Style Manual or even google 'phd thesis or dissertation' for lots of confirmation of this]. As development of a new mkiv module continues, I would suggest changing this to the standard usage. In the meantime: How can I change the label in the current bibliography system? I tried the following (also attached): ======== \starttext \setuppublications[alternative=apa] \setupbtxlabeltext [en] [apa:phdthesis={Doctoral dissertation}] \startsetups btx:apa:phdthesis \setvariables[btx:temp][label=Doctoral Dissertation] \btxsetup{btx:apa:common:thesis} \stopsetups \startpublication[k=hamid98, t=phdthesis, a=Hamid, y=1998, s=ISH98] \author[]{Idris Samawi}[I.]{}{Hamid} \title{The Metaphysics and Cosmology of \TeX} \pubname{\TeX\ State University} \pubyear{1998} \stoppublication \placepublications [criterium=all] % inherits from \setuppublications % \completepublications[criterium=cite] % only works with criterium=all \stoptext ======== But the output is still 'PhD thesis'. How do I get the changes in the btx labeltext passed on to ConTeXt so I can get the correct output? Thanks and Best wishes Idris -- Idris Samawi Hamid Professor of Philosophy Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO 80523