* Now that I have something working on mkiv, I'd like to try ePUB
@ 2015-03-15 21:12 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2015-03-15 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now that I have my book project basically running on mkiv (the layout probably has a few problems left, the main one currently being extra whitespace after a chapter heading  compared to mkii), I’d like to try producing ePUB from it.

ConTeXtgarden says I have to add a backend and points me to the info on the standard project structure (which I use), but there I don’t find anything about a backend. The extended example says that starting january 2015, things have changed with ePUB, which probably also applies to me as I only recently started with a fresh download of a current ConTeXt mkiv.

So, can someone tell me what I need to do to get a basic ePUB output?

And what command do I run to update my separate ConTeXt tree?

And which one to find out what version I’m running?

* Re: Now that I have something working on mkiv, I'd like to try ePUB
@ 2015-03-17 14:41 ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2015-03-17 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nobody?

@ 2015-03-17 15:51   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-17 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/17/2015 3:41 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> Nobody?
>
> On 15 Mar 2015, at 22:12, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda@rna.nl> wrote:
>
>> Now that I have my book project basically running on mkiv (the layout probably has a few problems left, the main one currently being extra whitespace after a chapter heading  compared to mkii), I’d like to try producing ePUB from it.
>>
>> ConTeXtgarden says I have to add a backend and points me to the info on the standard project structure (which I use), but there I don’t find anything about a backend. The extended example says that starting january 2015, things have changed with ePUB, which probably also applies to me as I only recently started with a fresh download of a current ConTeXt mkiv.
>>
>> So, can someone tell me what I need to do to get a basic ePUB output?

\setupbackend
   [export=yes]

more on wiki

>> And what command do I run to update my separate ConTeXt tree?

just run the first-setup script again

>> And which one to find out what version I’m running?

context --version

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-03-17 15:54 ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2015-03-17 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

there are some ePUB and XML conversion/processing questions time to time here in the forum.

Try to search or to ask directly someone who asked for ePUB conversion.

(I have no experience with ePUB.)

Lukas

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 22:12:33 +0100, Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda@rna.nl> wrote:

> Now that I have my book project basically running on mkiv (the layout probably has a few problems left, the main one currently being extra whitespace after a chapter heading  compared to mkii), I’d like to try producing ePUB from it.
>
> ConTeXtgarden says I have to add a backend and points me to the info on the standard project structure (which I use), but there I don’t find anything about a backend. The extended example says that starting january 2015, things have changed with ePUB, which probably also applies to me as I only recently started with a fresh download of a current ConTeXt mkiv.
>
> So, can someone tell me what I need to do to get a basic ePUB output?
>
> And what command do I run to update my separate ConTeXt tree?
>
> And which one to find out what version I’m running?

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz
Bezová 1658
147 14 Praha 4

Tel: +420 241 096 751
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: Now that I have something working on mkiv, I'd like to try ePUB
@ 2015-03-17 21:33     ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2015-03-17 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Mar 2015, at 16:51, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 3/17/2015 3:41 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> Nobody?
>>
>> On 15 Mar 2015, at 22:12, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda@rna.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Now that I have my book project basically running on mkiv (the layout probably has a few problems left, the main one currently being extra whitespace after a chapter heading  compared to mkii), I’d like to try producing ePUB from it.
>>>
>>> ConTeXtgarden says I have to add a backend and points me to the info on the standard project structure (which I use), but there I don’t find anything about a backend. The extended example says that starting january 2015, things have changed with ePUB, which probably also applies to me as I only recently started with a fresh download of a current ConTeXt mkiv.
>>>
>>> So, can someone tell me what I need to do to get a basic ePUB output?
>
> \setupbackend
>  [export=yes]
>
> more on wiki

The wiki doesn’t really help. Am I supposed to create another product file in …/products?

* Re: Now that I have something working on mkiv, I'd like to try ePUB
@ 2015-03-18  1:14       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-18  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/17/2015 10:33 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2015, at 16:51, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 3/17/2015 3:41 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>> Nobody?

>> \setupbackend
>>   [export=yes]
>>
>> more on wiki
>
> The wiki doesn’t really help. Am I supposed to create another product file in …/products?

no, just enable it ... export files end up in a subpath

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-03-18  6:34         ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2015-03-18  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 Mar 2015, at 02:14, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 3/17/2015 10:33 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>>> \setupbackend
>>>  [export=yes]
>>>
>>> more on wiki
>>
>> The wiki doesn’t really help. Am I supposed to create another product file in …/products?
>
> no, just enable it ... export files end up in a subpath

I did add this to the environment file and tried to create an ePub for the whole book and for an individual chapter, but no success yet:

luna-wifi:chapters gerben$ (. /usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex/setuptex && mtxrun --script epub --make c_loosely.specification)
Setting "/usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex" as ConTeXt root.

mtx-epub        | unknown specificaton file 'c_loosely.specification-export/c_loosely.specification-pub' for 'c_loosely.specification'
luna-wifi:chapters gerben$ (. /usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex/setuptex && mtxrun --script epub --make prd_book.specification)
Setting "/usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex" as ConTeXt root.

mtx-epub        | unknown specificaton file 'prd_book.specification-export/prd_book.specification-pub' for 'prd_book.specification'

What am I missing? What is a specification file?

@ 2015-03-18  7:46           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-18  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/18/2015 7:34 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2015, at 02:14, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl
> <mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:
>
>> On 3/17/2015 10:33 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>>> The wiki doesn’t really help. Am I supposed to create another product
>>> file in …/products?
>>
>> no, just enable it ... export files end up in a subpath
>
> I did add this to the environment file and tried to create an ePub for
> the whole book and for an individual chapter, but no success yet:
>
> luna-wifi:chapters gerben$ (. /usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex/setuptex &&
> mtxrun --script epub --make c_loosely.specification)
> Setting "/usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex" as ConTeXt root.
>
> mtx-epub        | unknown specificaton file
> 'c_loosely.specification-export/c_loosely.specification-pub' for
> 'c_loosely.specification'
> luna-wifi:chapters gerben$ (. /usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex/setuptex &&
> mtxrun --script epub --make prd_book.specification)
> Setting "/usr/local/src/ConTeXt/tex" as ConTeXt root.
>
> mtx-epub        | unknown specificaton file
> 'prd_book.specification-export/prd_book.specification-pub' for
> 'prd_book.specification'
>

> What am I missing? What is a specification file?

you process the tex file as normal .. that will produce a specification
file that will be used if you use mtxrun --script epub later (the call
is mentioned at the end of a tex run that has the export enabled)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-03-18 11:11             ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2015-03-18 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)