* Export: \setuphemistich distance=
@ 2015-03-18 14:04 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2015-03-18 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

Dear gang,

In the attached, we export hemistiches:

===============
\setupexport[cssfile=sh_ahmad-qajar.css]
\setupbackend[export=yes]

\usemodule[hemistich]

\setuphemistich
   [width=local,
    distance=1\emwidth,
    separator=]

    \setuphemistich
   [leftcolor=,
    separatorcolor=,
    rightcolor=]

    \setuphemistich
   % [separator=\vl\hskip.25em\vl]
   [separator=]

%% We need separate lines in the export, so use \start|stoplines
\definestartstop[VERSES][before={\blank[medium]\startlines
\noindentation},after={\stoplines \blank[medium]}]
\starttext
\startVERSES
\hemistiches{Become a shunner of your affairs;}{Entrust all affairs to the
Decision.}
\hemistiches{Thus tight spaces will often widen;}{And open spaces will
often get tight.}
\stopVERSES
\stoptext
===============

In the output we get

===============
affairs;Entrust all affairs to the Decision.</div><div class="line">Thus
tight spaces will often widen;And open spaces will often get
tight.</div></div>
===============

Is there anyway to tag and export the distance info:

distance=1\emwidth

so that we can get some space in the xhtml. Note that I do not expect any
of the alignment that the hemistiches module provides. Just some
reasonable space.

That said: How do I design a \start|stophemistiches environment that would
get tagged in the output as such (i.e., <div class="hemistiches">)?

Thanks in advance and best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid
Professor of Philosophy

* Re: Export: \setuphemistich distance=
@ 2015-03-18 17:51 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-03-18 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 18.03.2015 um 15:04 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <ishamid@colostate.edu>:
>
> Dear gang,
>
> In the attached, we export hemistiches:
>
> ===============
> \setupexport[cssfile=sh_ahmad-qajar.css]
> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>
> \usemodule[hemistich]
>
> \setuphemistich
>  [width=local,
>   distance=1\emwidth,
>   separator=]
>
>   \setuphemistich
>  [leftcolor=,
>   separatorcolor=,
>   rightcolor=]
>
>   \setuphemistich
>  % [separator=\vl\hskip.25em\vl]
>  [separator=]
>
> %% We need separate lines in the export, so use \start|stoplines
> \definestartstop[VERSES][before={\blank[medium]\startlines \noindentation},after={\stoplines \blank[medium]}]
> \starttext
> \startVERSES
> \hemistiches{Become a shunner of your affairs;}{Entrust all affairs to the Decision.}
> \hemistiches{Thus tight spaces will often widen;}{And open spaces will often get tight.}
> \stopVERSES
> \stoptext
> ===============
>
> In the output we get
>
> ===============
> ===============
>
> Is there anyway to tag and export the distance info:
>
> distance=1\emwidth
>
> so that we can get some space in the xhtml. Note that I do not expect any of the alignment that the hemistiches module provides. Just some reasonable space.
>
> That said: How do I design a \start|stophemistiches environment that would get tagged in the output as such (i.e., <div class="hemistiches">)?

You have to add tag commands in the source of the module to get tags in the exported text.

The distance between both texts in the output can be set with CSS but first you need tags.

Wolfgang

* Re: Export: \setuphemistich distance=
@ 2015-03-18 19:45   ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2015-03-18 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 11:51:13 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 18.03.2015 um 15:04 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
>> <ishamid@colostate.edu>:
>>
>> Dear gang,
>>
>> In the attached, we export hemistiches:
>>
>> ===============
>> \setupexport[cssfile=sh_ahmad-qajar.css]
>> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>>
>> \usemodule[hemistich]
>>
>> \setuphemistich
>>  [width=local,
>>   distance=1\emwidth,
>>   separator=]
>>
>>   \setuphemistich
>>  [leftcolor=,
>>   separatorcolor=,
>>   rightcolor=]
>>
>>   \setuphemistich
>>  % [separator=\vl\hskip.25em\vl]
>>  [separator=]
>>
>> %% We need separate lines in the export, so use \start|stoplines
>> \definestartstop[VERSES][before={\blank[medium]\startlines
>> \noindentation},after={\stoplines \blank[medium]}]
>> \starttext
>> \startVERSES
>> \hemistiches{Become a shunner of your affairs;}{Entrust all affairs to
>> the Decision.}
>> \hemistiches{Thus tight spaces will often widen;}{And open spaces will
>> often get tight.}
>> \stopVERSES
>> \stoptext
>> ===============
>>
>> In the output we get
>>
>> ===============
>> affairs;Entrust all affairs to the Decision.</div><div
>> class="line">Thus tight spaces will often widen;And open spaces will
>> often get tight.</div></div>
>> ===============
>>
>> Is there anyway to tag and export the distance info:
>>
>> distance=1\emwidth
>>
>> so that we can get some space in the xhtml. Note that I do not expect
>> any of the alignment that the hemistiches module provides. Just some
>> reasonable space.
>>
>> That said: How do I design a \start|stophemistiches environment that
>> would get tagged in the output as such (i.e., <div
>> class="hemistiches">)?
>
> You have to add tag commands in the source of the module to get tags in
> the exported text.
>
> The distance between both texts in the output can be set with CSS but
> first you need tags.

Hi Wolfgang,

Can you give an example of adding tag commands to a macro or to a
\start-stop<command>? Thanks as always for the clarity and

Best wishes
Idris
--

@ 2015-03-18 20:34     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-03-18 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 18.03.2015 um 20:45 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <ishamid@colostate.edu>:
>
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 11:51:13 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com <mailto:schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>>> Am 18.03.2015 um 15:04 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <ishamid@colostate.edu>:
>>>
>>> Dear gang,
>>>
>>> In the attached, we export hemistiches:
>>>
>>> ===============
>>> \setupexport[cssfile=sh_ahmad-qajar.css]
>>> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>>>
>>> \usemodule[hemistich]
>>>
>>> \setuphemistich
>>> [width=local,
>>>  distance=1\emwidth,
>>>  separator=]
>>>
>>>  \setuphemistich
>>> [leftcolor=,
>>>  separatorcolor=,
>>>  rightcolor=]
>>>
>>>  \setuphemistich
>>> % [separator=\vl\hskip.25em\vl]
>>> [separator=]
>>>
>>> %% We need separate lines in the export, so use \start|stoplines
>>> \definestartstop[VERSES][before={\blank[medium]\startlines \noindentation},after={\stoplines \blank[medium]}]
>>> \starttext
>>> \startVERSES
>>> \hemistiches{Become a shunner of your affairs;}{Entrust all affairs to the Decision.}
>>> \hemistiches{Thus tight spaces will often widen;}{And open spaces will often get tight.}
>>> \stopVERSES
>>> \stoptext
>>> ===============
>>>
>>> In the output we get
>>>
>>> ===============
>>> ===============
>>>
>>> Is there anyway to tag and export the distance info:
>>>
>>> distance=1\emwidth
>>>
>>> so that we can get some space in the xhtml. Note that I do not expect any of the alignment that the hemistiches module provides. Just some reasonable space.
>>>
>>> That said: How do I design a \start|stophemistiches environment that would get tagged in the output as such (i.e., <div class="hemistiches">)?
>>
>> You have to add tag commands in the source of the module to get tags in the exported text.
>>
>> The distance between both texts in the output can be set with CSS but first you need tags.
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Can you give an example of adding tag commands to a macro or to a \start-stop<command>? Thanks as always for the clarity and

Something like this should do it for the hemistiches module.

\unexpanded\def\dodohemistiches#1[#2]#3#4%
  {\dontleavehmode
   \begingroup
   \doifassignmentelse{#2}
     {\edef\currenthemistich{#1}%
      \setupcurrenthemistich[#2]}
     {\def\currenthemistich{#2}}%
   \doifelse{\hemistichparameter\c!width}\v!local
     {\scratchwidth\availablehsize}
     {\scratchwidth\hemistichparameter\c!width\relax}%
   \spaceskip\zeropoint\s!plus\plusone\s!fill\relax
+  \dostarttagged\t!division\currenthemistich
   \hbox to \scratchwidth\bgroup
     \scratchwidth.5\dimexpr\scratchwidth-\hemistichparameter\c!distance\relax
     \hbox to \scratchwidth\bgroup
+      \dostarttagged\t!construct\c!lefttext
       \usehemistichstyleandcolor\c!leftstyle\c!leftcolor#3%
+      \dostoptagged
     \egroup
     \hss
     \begingroup
+      \dostarttagged\t!construct\c!separator
       \usehemistichstyleandcolor\c!separatorstyle\c!separatorcolor
       \hemistichparameter\c!separator
+      \dostoptagged
     \endgroup
     \hss
     \hbox to \scratchwidth\bgroup
+      \dostarttagged\t!construct\c!righttext
       \usehemistichstyleandcolor\c!rightstyle\c!rightcolor#4%
+      \dostoptagged
     \egroup
   \egroup
+  \dostoptagged
   \endgroup}

Wolfgang

* Re: Export: \setuphemistich distance=
@ 2015-03-19 12:42       ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2015-03-19 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:34:25 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> \unexpanded\def\dodohemistiches#1[#2]#3#4%
>   {\dontleavehmode
>    \begingroup
>    \doifassignmentelse{#2}
>      {\edef\currenthemistich{#1}%
>       \setupcurrenthemistich[#2]}
>      {\def\currenthemistich{#2}}%
>    \doifelse{\hemistichparameter\c!width}\v!local
>      {\scratchwidth\availablehsize}
>      {\scratchwidth\hemistichparameter\c!width\relax}%
>    \spaceskip\zeropoint\s!plus\plusone\s!fill\relax
> +  \dostarttagged\t!division\currenthemistich
>    \hbox to \scratchwidth\bgroup
>      \scratchwidth.5\dimexpr\scratchwidth-\hemistichparameter\c!distance\relax
>      \hbox to \scratchwidth\bgroup
> +      \dostarttagged\t!construct\c!lefttext
>        \usehemistichstyleandcolor\c!leftstyle\c!leftcolor#3%
> +      \dostoptagged
>      \egroup
>      \hss
>      \begingroup
> +      \dostarttagged\t!construct\c!separator
>        \usehemistichstyleandcolor\c!separatorstyle\c!separatorcolor
>        \hemistichparameter\c!separator
> +      \dostoptagged
>      \endgroup
>      \hss
>      \hbox to \scratchwidth\bgroup
> +      \dostarttagged\t!construct\c!righttext
>        \usehemistichstyleandcolor\c!rightstyle\c!rightcolor#4%
> +      \dostoptagged
>      \egroup
>    \egroup
> +  \dostoptagged
>    \endgroup}

Thank you kindly Wolfgang. This is deeply appreciated I'll study this
carefully and

Best wishes
Idris
--