* problem with math: "\left" leads to "udefined symbol"
@ 2017-01-24 10:33 j. van den hoff
From: j. van den hoff @ 2017-01-24 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi everybody,

after a 2 year hiatus I'm just giving `context' a second try (so, really
not much experience so far).

I updated to the latest version (0.63) before proceeding.

two observations:

1.
in a new document including assorted equations everything went fine until
I tried something like

\startformula
x = \left 1 + 2 \right
\stopformula

which caused an error:

8<------------------------------------------------------------------
  ! Undefined control sequence

\strc_synonyms_insert_meaning ...urrentsynonymtag
                                                   {#2}\fastsetup
{\??simplel...
\math_left ...ame \??mathleft \meaning \nexttoken
                                                   \endcsname \expandafter
\l...
l.472 x = \left (
                 1 + 2 \right )

2.
an old document (not modified these 2 years) does no longer compile due to
apparently the same problem (not understanding `\left', `\right'.

question: my understanding is, that `context' supports "everything" out of
the box (notably equations) and there is no need for explicit loading of
additional packages? so `\left' etc. _should be defined (and it _used_ to
work 2 years ago)? what am I missing?

thx, joerg