* strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 18:51 j. van den hoff
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: j. van den hoff @ 2017-02-16 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi,
in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I see
a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains footnotes

minimal example:

\starttext
foo\footnote{bar}
\stoptext

which crashes with this output:

8<-------------------------------------
tx-context     | run 1: luatex
--fmt="/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en"
--jobname="tt"
--lua="/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en.lui"
--no-parse-first-line --c:currentrun=1 --c:fulljobname="./tt.tex"
--c:input="./tt.tex" --c:kindofrun=1 --c:maxnofruns=9 "cont-yes.mkiv"
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.3 (TeX Live 2017/dev)
  system commands enabled.
open source     > level 1, order 1, name
'/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv'
system          >
system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2017.01.27 14:39 MKIV beta  fmt:
2017.2.15  int: english/english
system          >
system          > 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     > level 2, order 2, name
'/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv'
close source    > level 2, order 2, name
'/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv'
system          > files > jobname 'tt', input './tt', result 'tt'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > level 2, order 3, name '/home/myusername/tt/tt.tex'
fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded

mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution
interrupted
8<-------------------------------------

while without the footnote it does compile just fine (the same happens in
more complicated documents: crashes until last footnote is removed, then
it compiles...). I am not an experienced context user, but don't see that
I could have done much wrong in installing context in the first place
(notably, the search path seems correct). any idea what's going on here?

thx/joerg

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 19:32 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-02-16 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I confirm this (with a different error message) on 32bit linux,
but it compiles fine on 64bit linux, 64bit freebsd and 64bit osx.

Alan

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:51:25 +0100
"j. van den hoff" <veedeehjay@gmail.com> wrote:

> in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I
> see a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains
> footnotes
>
> minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> foo\footnote{bar}
> \stoptext
>

> which crashes

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 19:36   ` j. van den hoff
From: j. van den hoff @ 2017-02-16 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:32:28 +0100, Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr>
wrote:

> I confirm this (with a different error message) on 32bit linux,

thanks for confirming this.

> but it compiles fine on 64bit linux, 64bit freebsd and 64bit osx.

in my case it happens on a 64 bit linux(ubuntu) system:

#arch
x86_64

and yes: under OSX everything is fine.

joerg

> Alan
>

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:51:25 +0100
> "j. van den hoff" <veedeehjay@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I
>> see a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains
>> footnotes
>>
>> minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> foo\footnote{bar}
>> \stoptext
>>

>> which crashes

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 20:04     ` Marcus Vinicius Mesquita
From: Marcus Vinicius Mesquita @ 2017-02-16 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I could compile the MWE with no problems whatsoever on arch linux 64bit.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 5:36 PM, j. van den hoff <veedeehjay@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:32:28 +0100, Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> I confirm this (with a different error message) on 32bit linux,
>

> thanks for confirming this.
>
>> but it compiles fine on 64bit linux, 64bit freebsd and 64bit osx.
>

> in my case it happens on a 64 bit linux(ubuntu) system:
>
> #arch
> x86_64
>
> and yes: under OSX everything is fine.
>
> joerg
>

>> Alan
>>

>> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:51:25 +0100
>> "j. van den hoff" <veedeehjay@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I
>>> see a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains
>>> footnotes
>>>
>>> minimal example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> foo\footnote{bar}
>>> \stoptext
>>>

>>> which crashes
>>

> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Todas as coisas fatigam o corpo, salvo a música, que não fatiga nem o
corpo nem seus membros, por ser descanso da alma, primavera do
coração, distração do aflito, entretenimento do solitário, e viático
do viajante.

Kunnâsh al-Hâ'ik (Cancioneiro de al-Hâ'ik)

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 20:40 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-02-16 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/16/2017 07:51 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> hi,
> in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I see
> a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains footnotes
> [...]
> while without the footnote it does compile just fine (the same happens in
> more complicated documents: crashes until last footnote is removed, then
> it compiles...). I am not an experienced context user, but don't see that
> I could have done much wrong in installing context in the first place
> (notably, the search path seems correct). any idea what's going on here?

Weird, I can compile your sample in Linux32.

How about copying and pasting the following in your shell?

cd && mkdir temp-ctx-install && cd temp-ctx-install &&\
rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh . &&\
./first-setup.sh --modules=all && cd &&\
source temp-ctx-install/tex/setuptex && mtxrunjit --generate\
&& echo "\starttext a\footnote{b}\stoptext" \
> test-ctx-temp.mkiv && contextjit --purgeall test-ctx-temp.mkiv

It will download a temporary standalone and compile your document.

Let us know whether this work,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 20:54   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-02-16 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 21:40:40 +0100
Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:

> On 02/16/2017 07:51 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> > hi,
> > in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu
> > I see a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document
> > contains footnotes [...]
> > while without the footnote it does compile just fine (the same
> > happens in more complicated documents: crashes until last footnote
> > is removed, then it compiles...). I am not an experienced context
> > user, but don't see that I could have done much wrong in installing
> > context in the first place (notably, the search path seems
> > correct). any idea what's going on here?
>
> Weird, I can compile your sample in Linux32.

On a fresh download of the Standalone, and using a new luatex binary
just compiled on the linux 32bit machine, I get the following:

tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file /root/foo.tex: ! Infinite
glue shrinkage inserted from \skip131

\page ->\par
             \dosingleempty \page_breaks_process
\strc_pagenumbers_flush_final_page ...\else \page
                                                  [\p_strc_pagenumbers_page ...
\dostoptext ...\strc_pagenumbers_flush_final_page
                                                  \page \the
\everystoptext ... l.1 \dostoptext

\clf_stoptext ->\luafunction \16>>clf_stoptext

l.3 \stoptext

1 >>  \starttext
2     foo\footnote{bar}
3     \stoptext
4

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 20:56     ` j. van den hoff
From: j. van den hoff @ 2017-02-16 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 21:54:01 +0100, Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr>
wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 21:40:40 +0100
> Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
>
>> On 02/16/2017 07:51 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
>> > hi,
>> > in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu
>> > I see a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document
>> > contains footnotes [...]
>> > while without the footnote it does compile just fine (the same
>> > happens in more complicated documents: crashes until last footnote
>> > is removed, then it compiles...). I am not an experienced context
>> > user, but don't see that I could have done much wrong in installing
>> > context in the first place (notably, the search path seems
>> > correct). any idea what's going on here?
>>
>> Weird, I can compile your sample in Linux32.

just to avoid confusion: my initial report concerned x86_64 linux.

> On a fresh download of the Standalone, and using a new luatex binary
> just compiled on the linux 32bit machine, I get the following:
>
> tex error       > tex error on line 1 in file /root/foo.tex: ! Infinite
> glue shrinkage inserted from \skip131
>

> \page ->\par
>              \dosingleempty \page_breaks_process
> \strc_pagenumbers_flush_final_page ...\else \page
>                                                   [\p_strc_pagenumbers_page
> \dostoptext ...\strc_pagenumbers_flush_final_page
>                                                   \page \the
> \everystoptext ... l.1 \dostoptext
> \clf_stoptext ->\luafunction \16>>clf_stoptext
> l.3 \stoptext
>
> 1 >>  \starttext
> 2     foo\footnote{bar}
> 3     \stoptext
> 4

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 21:20       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-02-16 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/16/2017 09:56 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> [...]
> just to avoid confusion: my initial report concerned x86_64 linux.

I know and you’d have downloaded the Linux64 binaries.

You might try the 32bit version for Linux. It takes less than 2 minutes
with a decent internet connection. After pasting the whole thing you
only have to wait the result:

cd && mkdir temp-ctx-install && cd temp-ctx-install &&\
rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh . &&\
./first-setup.sh --platform=linux --modules=all && cd &&\
source temp-ctx-install/tex/setuptex && mtxrunjit --generate\
&& echo "\starttext a\footnote{b}\stoptext" \
> test-ctx-temp.mkiv && contextjit --purgeall test-ctx-temp.mkiv

If that works, you may copy from my previous message to test again.

Don’t get me wrong. I think this is the best way of testing it, since
I’m not in front of your computer. And I don’t have a 64bit computer to
test, either.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 21:32         ` j. van den hoff
From: j. van den hoff @ 2017-02-16 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:20:14 +0100, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:

> On 02/16/2017 09:56 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
>> [...]
>> just to avoid confusion: my initial report concerned x86_64 linux.
>
> I know and you’d have downloaded the Linux64 binaries.

understood.

> You might try the 32bit version for Linux. It takes less than 2 minutes
> with a decent internet connection. After pasting the whole thing you
> only have to wait the result:
>
> cd && mkdir temp-ctx-install && cd temp-ctx-install &&\
> rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh . &&\
> ./first-setup.sh --platform=linux --modules=all && cd &&\
> source temp-ctx-install/tex/setuptex && mtxrunjit --generate\
> && echo "\starttext a\footnote{b}\stoptext" \
>> test-ctx-temp.mkiv && contextjit --purgeall test-ctx-temp.mkiv

unfortunately this does not run through:
`source temp-ctx-install/tex/setuptex' complains `binaries for platform
'linux-64' are missing? I guess your script installs a test of 32-linux
but it does not run on my 64 bit machine?

> If that works, you may copy from my previous message to test again.
>
> Don’t get me wrong. I think this is the best way of testing it, since
> I’m not in front of your computer. And I don’t have a 64bit computer to
> test, either.

your feedback/help is of course appreciated. thank you.

joerg

> Just in case it helps,
>
> Pablo

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 21:51           ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-02-16 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/16/2017 10:32 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 22:20:14 +0100, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
>> [...]
>> You might try the 32bit version for Linux.
> [...]
> unfortunately this does not run through:
> `source temp-ctx-install/tex/setuptex' complains `binaries for platform
> 'linux-64' are missing? I guess your script installs a test of 32-linux
> but it does not run on my 64 bit machine?

It isn’t the list of commands I sent, I guess it is ConTeXt Standalone
itself. I only requested the download for 32bit (as I do for Win32 and
Win64 in my Linux32 computer).

My guess is that the same way that first-setup.sh knows which platform
to download, setuptex expects the same platform to be downloaded.

I don’t know whether there is a way of specifying the platform.
Otherwise, it isn’t clear to me how to use 32bit versions in 64bit
architectures for Linux. It works fine in Windows.

>> Don’t get me wrong. I think this is the best way of testing it, since
>> I’m not in front of your computer. And I don’t have a 64bit computer to
>> test, either.
>
> your feedback/help is of course appreciated. thank you.

My apologies. My comment was a bit rude.

Sorry for not being really helpul ;-),

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-16 22:02       ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-02-16 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 21:56:55 +0100
"j. van den hoff" <veedeehjay@gmail.com> wrote:

> just to avoid confusion: my initial report concerned x86_64 linux.

I have no problem with your MWE under 64bit linux.

Hans did point-out that there might be some instability today as we are
in the process of putting into place a new luatex binary with a
matching ConTeXt macro version that uses some new features, that has
not been extensively tested on all of the platforms.

Alan

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-17  9:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-02-17  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/16/2017 7:51 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> hi,
> in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I
> see a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains
> footnotes

that is indeed something that will be solved when i update

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-17  9:28   ` Hans Hagen
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-02-17  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

i uploaded a beta so things should be in sync in a while

* Re: strange crash -- SOLVED
@ 2017-02-17 10:13     ` j. van den hoff
From: j. van den hoff @ 2017-02-17 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Hans Hagen

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:28:48 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> i uploaded a beta so things should be in sync in a while

thanks a lot. I can confirm that the crash is no longer happening.

joerg

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-17 10:45     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2017-02-17 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

There seems to be a problem with the latest beta (at least on my
Windows10 system). The synchronisation breaks right after the start.

-----
v:\tmp\context>first-setup.bat
receiving incremental file list

sent 96 bytes  received 273 bytes  246.00 bytes/sec
total size is 12066614  speedup is 32700.85
v:\tmp\context\bin\mtxrun.lua:18237: attempt to index global 'sandbox'
(a nil value)
[..]
-----
mtxrun.lua: 17.02.2017, 10:22

Am 17.02.2017 um 10:28 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> i uploaded a beta so things should be in sync in a while

>        tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-17 13:30       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-02-17 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Peter Rolf <indiego@gmx.net> wrote:
> There seems to be a problem with the latest beta (at least on my
> Windows10 system). The synchronisation breaks right after the start.
>
> -----
> v:\tmp\context>first-setup.bat
> receiving incremental file list
>
> sent 96 bytes  received 273 bytes  246.00 bytes/sec
> total size is 12066614  speedup is 32700.85
> v:\tmp\context\bin\mtxrun.lua:18237: attempt to index global 'sandbox'
> (a nil value)
> [..]
> -----
> mtxrun.lua: 17.02.2017, 10:22

the latest version: 2017.02.17 13:41

looks ok here.

--
luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-17 13:41         ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2017-02-17 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.02.2017 um 14:30 schrieb luigi scarso:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Peter Rolf <indiego@gmx.net> wrote:
>> There seems to be a problem with the latest beta (at least on my
>> Windows10 system). The synchronisation breaks right after the start.
>>
>> -----
>> v:\tmp\context>first-setup.bat
>> receiving incremental file list
>>
>> sent 96 bytes  received 273 bytes  246.00 bytes/sec
>> total size is 12066614  speedup is 32700.85
>> v:\tmp\context\bin\mtxrun.lua:18237: attempt to index global 'sandbox'
>> (a nil value)
>> [..]
>> -----
>> mtxrun.lua: 17.02.2017, 10:22
>>

> the latest version: 2017.02.17 13:41
>
> looks ok here.

Same here. Thanks :D

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18  9:32     ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2017-02-18  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

it seems that the new ConTeXt on the linux armhf platform is not really up to date yet.

When i start the update with
sh ./first-setup.sh  --modules=all --keep
I get:
-----------------
root@localhost:/usr/local/context# sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex --keep
receiving incremental file list
bin/
bin/mtxrun

sent 51 bytes  received 587,352 bytes  391,602.00 bytes/sec
total size is 8,621,787  speedup is 14.68
./bin/mtxrun:174: attempt to index global 'ffi' (a string value)

When you want to use context, you need to initialize the tree by typing:

  . /usr/local/context/tex/setuptex

in your shell or add
  "/usr/local/context/tex/texmf-linux-armhf/bin"
to PATH variable if you want to set it permanently.
This can usually be done in .bashrc, .bash_profile
(or whatever file is used to initialize your shell).

root@localhost:/usr/local/context#
-----------------

It seems, there is an error in mtxrun with "ffi"

Greetings Lutz

@ 2017-02-18  9:50       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-02-18  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it seems that the new ConTeXt on the linux armhf platform is not really up
> to date yet.
>
> When i start the update with
> sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --keep
> I get:
> -----------------
> root@localhost:/usr/local/context# sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all
> --engine=luatex --keep
> receiving incremental file list
> bin/
> bin/mtxrun
>
> sent 51 bytes received 587,352 bytes 391,602.00 bytes/sec
> total size is 8,621,787 speedup is 14.68
> ./bin/mtxrun:174: attempt to index global 'ffi' (a string value)
luaffi not (yet) supported on
armhf
--- too many tests fails.
Hopefully for next context meeting, later this year.
--
luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 10:00         ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2017-02-18 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does that mean, that i can't use the new beta on my phone until linux armhf supports lua ffi?
btw the new luatex 1.0.4 runs fine here.

Am 18. Februar 2017 10:50:48 MEZ schrieb luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>:
>On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net>
>wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it seems that the new ConTeXt on the linux armhf platform is not
>really up
>> to date yet.
>>
>> When i start the update with
>> sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --keep
>> I get:
>> -----------------
>> root@localhost:/usr/local/context# sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all
>> --engine=luatex --keep
>> receiving incremental file list
>> bin/
>> bin/mtxrun
>>
>> sent 51 bytes received 587,352 bytes 391,602.00 bytes/sec
>> total size is 8,621,787 speedup is 14.68
>> ./bin/mtxrun:174: attempt to index global 'ffi' (a string value)
>luaffi not (yet) supported on
>armhf
>--- too many tests fails.
>Hopefully for next context meeting, later this year.
>--
>luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 10:45           ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-02-18 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net> wrote:
> Does that mean, that i can't use the new beta on my phone until linux armhf
> supports lua ffi?
> btw the new luatex 1.0.4 runs fine here.
hm, you should have a luatex on your bin folder;
can you run test.lua

--[=[ test.lua]=]
for k,v in pairs(ffi) do print(k,v) end

$> luatex --version
$A luatex --luaonly test.lua

and report the result ?

--
luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 10:59             ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2017-02-18 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.4 (TeX Live 2017/dev)

Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.

LuaTeX is Copyright 2017 Taco Hoekwater and the LuaTeX Team.

luatex --luaonly test.lua
number	function: 0xa4b7e0
new	function: 0xa4b7e0
gc	function: 0xa4b7e0
metatype	function: 0xa4b7e0
os
sizeof	function: 0xa4b7e0
i64	function: 0xa4b7e0
fill	function: 0xa4b7e0
arch
debug	function: 0xa4b7e0
istype	function: 0xa4b7e0
abi	function: 0xa4b7e0
load	function: 0xa4b7e0
alignof	function: 0xa4b7e0
cast	function: 0xa4b7e0
offsetof	function: 0xa4b7e0
u64	function: 0xa4b7e0
string	function: 0xa4b7e0
errno	function: 0xa4b7e0
typeof	function: 0xa4b7e0
cdef	function: 0xa4b7e0
type	function: 0xa4b7e0
copy	function: 0xa4b7e0

Am 18. Februar 2017 11:45:06 MEZ schrieb luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>:
>On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net>
>wrote:
>> Does that mean, that i can't use the new beta on my phone until linux
>armhf
>> supports lua ffi?
>> btw the new luatex 1.0.4 runs fine here.
>hm, you should have a luatex on your bin folder;
>can you run test.lua
>
>--[=[ test.lua]=]
>for k,v in pairs(ffi) do print(k,v) end
>

>$> luatex --version
>$A luatex --luaonly test.lua
>
>and report the result ?
>
>--
>luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 11:06               ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-02-18 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net> wrote:
> luatex --version
> This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.4 (TeX Live 2017/dev)
hm why luatex 1.0.4 ?
I expected that mtxrun installed luatex 1.0.3

> Execute 'luatex --credits' for credits and version details.
>
> There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
> the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
> any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
> named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.
>
> LuaTeX is Copyright 2017 Taco Hoekwater and the LuaTeX Team.
>

> luatex --luaonly test.lua
> number function: 0xa4b7e0
> new function: 0xa4b7e0
> gc function: 0xa4b7e0
> metatype function: 0xa4b7e0
> os
> sizeof function: 0xa4b7e0
> i64 function: 0xa4b7e0
> fill function: 0xa4b7e0
> arch
> debug function: 0xa4b7e0
> istype function: 0xa4b7e0
> abi function: 0xa4b7e0
> load function: 0xa4b7e0
> alignof function: 0xa4b7e0
> cast function: 0xa4b7e0
> offsetof function: 0xa4b7e0
> u64 function: 0xa4b7e0
> string function: 0xa4b7e0
> errno function: 0xa4b7e0
> typeof function: 0xa4b7e0
> cdef function: 0xa4b7e0
> type function: 0xa4b7e0
> copy function: 0xa4b7e0

ok, now if you call one function you should see

The ffi module is available for:\n"

    archictures       : ARCH_X86 and ARCH_X64,\n"
    operating systems : OS_CE, OS_WIN, OS_LINUX, OS_BSD and OS_POSIX

The ARM processor is currently not supported. There are subtle
differences between this module and the one in luajitTeX
and we hope to be in sync around TeXLive 2018.
Different OS can have different interfaces,
for instance OS_WIN has not 'complex.h'. If you want portable
code, stick to the most common concepts.

--
luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 11:49                 ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2017-02-18 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Okay, I used the self compiled experimental luatex.
And so does the luatex from the context minimals behave:

(It is rather old)

root@localhost:~# /usr/local/context/bin/luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.0 (TeX Live 2017/dev)

Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.

LuaTeX is Copyright 2016 Taco Hoekwater and the LuaTeX Team.

root@localhost:~# /usr/local/context/bin/luatex --luaonly ~/test.lua
/home/test.lua:2: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
root@localhost:~#

It seems, that luatex 1.0.0 can't work with the new context beta.

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 11:55                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-02-18 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net> wrote:
> Okay, I used the self compiled experimental luatex.
> And so does the luatex from the context minimals behave:
>
> (It is rather old)
>
> root@localhost:~# /usr/local/context/bin/luatex --version
> This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.0 (TeX Live 2017/dev)
>
> Execute 'luatex --credits' for credits and version details.
>
> There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
> the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
> any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
> named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.
>
> LuaTeX is Copyright 2016 Taco Hoekwater and the LuaTeX Team.
>
> root@localhost:~# /usr/local/context/bin/luatex --luaonly ~/test.lua
> /home/test.lua:2: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
> root@localhost:~#
>

> It seems, that luatex 1.0.0 can't work with the new context beta.
Thank you for testing in any case.
We are seeing the issue now.
It's better to use luatex 1.0.3 if you can. It's in tags/1.0.3

--
luigi

* Re: strange crash
@ 2017-02-18 12:15                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2017-02-18 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Lutz Haseloff <lutzi@toppkieker.net> wrote:
> Okay, I used the self compiled experimental luatex.
> And so does the luatex from the context minimals behave:
>
> (It is rather old)
>
> root@localhost:~# /usr/local/context/bin/luatex --version
> This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.0 (TeX Live 2017/dev)
>
> Execute 'luatex --credits' for credits and version details.
>
> There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
> the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
> any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
> named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.
>
> LuaTeX is Copyright 2016 Taco Hoekwater and the LuaTeX Team.
>
> root@localhost:~# /usr/local/context/bin/luatex --luaonly ~/test.lua
> /home/test.lua:2: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
> root@localhost:~#
>

> It seems, that luatex 1.0.0 can't work with the new context beta.
Hans is fixing mtxrun, but the latest beta works with 1.0.3, backward
compatibility is not assured.

--
luigi

* Re: strange crash