* Parsing \...luacode within a \def
@ 2018-06-14 18:52 Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2018-06-14 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I encountered a phenomena that I cannot understand. Let's have the following code:

----
\def\T{%
    \startluacode
      context("t")
    \stopluacode
}

\def\U{%
    \startluacode
      --

      context("u")
    \stopluacode

\starttext
    \startluacode
      --

      context("b")
    \stopluacode

This gives "Abt" - but there is no "u".

It seems that the (first) comment mark "--" within a \startluacode within \def (here: \def\U) causes all code till \stopluacode is being ignored.

But why?

Maybe I'm missing something very basic...

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn

Mob.: +420 702 033 396

[-- Attachment #2: t3.mkiv --]

\def\T{%
  \startluacode
    context("t")
  \stopluacode
}

\def\U{%
  \startluacode
    --

    context("u")
  \stopluacode

\starttext
  \startluacode
    --

    context("b")
  \stopluacode

[-- Attachment #3: t3.pdf --]

* Re: Parsing \...luacode within a \def
@ 2018-06-18  7:53     ` Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2018-06-18  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

thanks for explanation -
I could not understand difference in behavior inside \def ("--" dismiss all following) and out of \def ("--" acts on the one line only);
so the explanation is "\startluacode INSIDE MACRO body acts like any such catcode regime changing operation"...

Best regards,

Lukas

@ 2018-06-14 19:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-06-14 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2018-06-14 19:20 ` Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2018-06-14 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Lukáš,

I am not sure but I guess that the problem is related with the behaviour of
the input processor which erases characters at the end of line (CR, LF) and
replace them by a space. Then, the whole content between \start/stopluacode
is at only one line. If you the second way of comment marks, the letter "u"
will be shown at the output.

Tomáš

\def\U{%
  \startluacode
--[[ blahblah
]]--

    context("u")
  \stopluacode
}

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 ve 08:48:40PM +0200 Procházka Lukáš Ing. napsal(a):
# Hello,
#
# I encountered a phenomena that I cannot understand. Let's have the following code:
#
# ----
# \def\T{%
#   \startluacode
#     context("t")
#   \stopluacode
# }
#
# \def\U{%
#   \startluacode
#     --
#
#     context("u")
#   \stopluacode
# }
#
# \starttext
#   A
#   \startluacode
#     --
#
#     context("b")
#   \stopluacode
#   \T
#   \U
# \stoptext
# ----
#
# This gives "Abt" - but there is no "u".
#
# It seems that the (first) comment mark "--" within a \startluacode within \def (here: \def\U) causes all code till \stopluacode is being ignored.
#
# But why?
#
# Maybe I'm missing something very basic...
#
# Best regards,
#
# Lukas
#
#
# --
# Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
# Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn
# Bezová 1658
# 147 14 Praha 4
#
# Mob.: +420 702 033 396
#
# ___________________________________________________________________________________
# If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
#
# maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
# webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
# archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/