* Prevent indentation after itemize
@ 2019-04-11  8:01 Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2019-04-11  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

Czech typo rules prefer not indenting paragraphs after itemization.

How to setup indenting best to achieve this?

The following code gives the desired output:

----
\setupindenting[yes,big]

\starttext
   \section{Sec}

   \input knuth

   \startitemize[][after={\blank\noindent}]
     \item Aaa
     \item Bbb
   \stopitemize
% "%" JUST TO SUPPRESS BLANK LINE
   \input knuth
\stoptext
----

but (obviously) forces user to suppress a blank line between \stopitemize and next text (thus "% JUST TO SUPPRESS BLANK LINE").

Is there a way which would "gobble" next \par after \stopitemize to allow to write simply (without "% ... "):

----
   \stopitemize
                                          <- EMPTY LINE TO BE ALLOWED HERE
   \input knuth
----

(I tried to play with \ingnorespaces, \removeunwantedspaces and so but with no effect.)

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS: nrpt3sn | IČO: 40763439

Mob.: +420 702 033 396

[-- Attachment #2: NoIndAftIt.mkiv --]

\setupindenting[yes,big]

\starttext
  \section{Sec}

  \input knuth

  \startitemize[][after={\blank\noindent}]
    \item Aaa
    \item Bbb
  \stopitemize
%
  \bold{This text should not be indented.} \input knuth
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: NoIndAftIt.pdf --]

* Re: Prevent indentation after itemize
@ 2019-04-11 10:48 ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-04-11 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 10:02 AM Procházka Lukáš Ing. <LPr@pontex.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Czech typo rules prefer not indenting paragraphs after itemization.
>
> How to setup indenting best to achieve this?
>
> The following code gives the desired output:
>
> ----
> \setupindenting[yes,big]
>
> \starttext
>    \section{Sec}
>
>    \input knuth
>
>    \startitemize[][after={\blank\noindent}]
>      \item Aaa
>      \item Bbb
>    \stopitemize
> % "%" JUST TO SUPPRESS BLANK LINE
>    \input knuth
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> but (obviously) forces user to suppress a blank line between \stopitemize and next text (thus "% JUST TO SUPPRESS BLANK LINE").
>
> Is there a way which would "gobble" next \par after \stopitemize to allow to write simply (without "% ... "):
>
> ----
>    \stopitemize
>                                           <- EMPTY LINE TO BE ALLOWED HERE
>    \input knuth
> ----
>
> (I tried to play with \ingnorespaces, \removeunwantedspaces and so but with no effect.)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lukas
>

> --
> Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
> Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS: nrpt3sn | IČO: 40763439
> Bezová 1658
> 147 14 Praha 4
>
> Mob.: +420 702 033 396___________________________________________________________________________________

> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

Try the indentnext key. Either locally

\startitemize[][indentnext=no]

or, globally,

\setupitemize[
indentnext=no,
]

/Mikael

* Re: Prevent indentation after itemize
@ 2019-04-11 11:56   ` Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2019-04-11 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

... Great, perfect, thank you! Lukas

@ 2019-04-11 12:44     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2019-04-11 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:

> ... Great, perfect, thank you! Lukas

The wiki page also explains the details of indentation:

https://www.contextgarden.net/Indentation

Aditya

* Re: Prevent indentation after itemize
@ 2019-04-11 13:35       ` Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2019-04-11 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:44:39 +0200, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
>
>> ... Great, perfect, thank you! Lukas
>
> The wiki page also explains the details of indentation:
>
> https://www.contextgarden.net/Indentation

thank you for pointing the link.

(From the manual and the Ctx test suite, I cannot see how exactly "indentnext=auto" works. But thank you anyway.)

Lukas

--

@ 2019-04-11 19:43         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2019-04-11 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:44:39 +0200, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Procházka Lukáš Ing. wrote:
>>
>>> ... Great, perfect, thank you! Lukas
>>
>> The wiki page also explains the details of indentation:
>>
>> https://www.contextgarden.net/Indentation
>
> thank you for pointing the link.
>
> (From the manual and the Ctx test suite, I cannot see how exactly
> "indentnext=auto" works. But thank you anyway.)

indentnext=auto means that the next paragraph will be indented when there
is a blank space and not indented when there is no blank space.

So (untested)

\setupindenting[medium,yes]
\setupitemize[indentnext=auto]
\starttext
\startitem
   \item One
\stopitem

This paragraph should be indented.

\startitemize
   \item Two
\stopitemize
This paragraph should not be indented.
\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: Prevent indentation after itemize
@ 2019-04-12  8:10           ` Procházka Lukáš Ing.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. @ 2019-04-12  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

thanks Aditya for the explaining example!

I added the sample to wiki:

	https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Indentation

Best regards,

Lukas