* Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-26 16:09 nico
From: nico @ 2006-03-26 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Is there a \setup... command to configure the frontmatter section block? I
haven't found a clear information about this.

I would like to set the page numbers to roman, but I would like to do this
at an early setup stage, and not within the frontmatter with
\setuplinenumbering. Is it possible?

Thanks,
BG

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-27  9:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-27  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a \setup... command to configure the frontmatter section block? I
> haven't found a clear information about this.

Yes, there is:

\setupsectionblock
   [name]
   [number=yes|no,
    page=yes|right,
    before=\command,
    after=\command]

You can put your setup in the 'before', like so:

   \setupsectionblock
      [frontmatter]
      [before={\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]}]

Cheers, taco

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-28  0:19   ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-28  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, on Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:25:42AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater said that
> \setupsectionblock
>    [name]
>    [number=yes|no,
>     page=yes|right,
>     before=\command,
>     after=\command]

this doesn't seem to work with ver: 2006.02.15

\setupsectionblock      [frontmatter][number=no]

\setuppagenumbering
  [location=footer, alternative=doublesided,
   left=$\diamond$\ , right=\ $\diamond$]

\startfrontmatter\completecontent\stopfrontmatter

i still get pagenumbers in the contents...

also the manual says:

By default there are four sectionblocks:
\definesectionblock      [bodypart]      [headnumber=yes]
\definesectionblock      [appendices]    [headnumber=yes]
\definesectionblock      [introductions] [headnumber=no]
\definesectionblock      [extroductions] [headnumber=no]

does this mean i should define "frontmatter" first, or
is it something else than a sectionblock?

-f
--
we must believe in free will.  we have no choice.

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-28  0:38     ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-28  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, on Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:19:54AM +0200, frantisek holop said that
> hmm, on Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:25:42AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater said that
> > \setupsectionblock
> >    [name]
> >    [number=yes|no,
> >     page=yes|right,
> >     before=\command,
> >     after=\command]
>
> this doesn't seem to work with ver: 2006.02.15
>
> \setupsectionblock      [frontmatter][number=no]
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>   [location=footer, alternative=doublesided,
>    left=$\diamond$\ , right=\ $\diamond$]

i am sorry, i am an idiot.  number is for something else, right?
i don't what, but i just assumed it is for page numbers.

so i am trying now:

\setupsectionblock
  [frontmatter]
  [before={\setuppagenumbering[state=none]}]

but i still get pagenumbers.  what is the correct \setuppagenumbering
parameter to turn off page numbers?  \setuppagenumbering's state
lists only "start" and "stop", but \setupsubpagenumber's state
also lists "none".

the only way i don't get page numbers in the content is when i turn
off pagenumbers for all the document:

\setuppagenumbering
  [location=footer, alternative=doublesided, state=none]

does \setuppagenumbering override \setupsectionblock ?

-f
--
excellent day to have a rotten day.

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-28 15:01       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-03-28 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Frantisek,

May be that the example on page 81 of the main manual is an idea.
If you want to control the placing of the pagenumbers you can switch
placing the number off by \setuppagenumering[location=]
Herafter you can setup header and or footer to place the pagenumber at
the place you want it.

Willi

frantisek holop wrote:

>hmm, on Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:19:54AM +0200, frantisek holop said that
>

>>hmm, on Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:25:42AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater said that
>>

>>>\setupsectionblock
>>>   [name]
>>>   [number=yes|no,
>>>    page=yes|right,
>>>    before=\command,
>>>    after=\command]
>>>

>>this doesn't seem to work with ver: 2006.02.15
>>
>>\setupsectionblock      [frontmatter][number=no]
>>
>>\setuppagenumbering
>>  [location=footer, alternative=doublesided,
>>   left=$\diamond$\ , right=\ $\diamond$]
>>

>i am sorry, i am an idiot.  number is for something else, right?
>i don't what, but i just assumed it is for page numbers.
>
>so i am trying now:
>
>\setupsectionblock
>  [frontmatter]
>  [before={\setuppagenumbering[state=none]}]
>
>but i still get pagenumbers.  what is the correct \setuppagenumbering
>parameter to turn off page numbers?  \setuppagenumbering's state
>lists only "start" and "stop", but \setupsubpagenumber's state
>also lists "none".
>

>the only way i don't get page numbers in the content is when i turn
>off pagenumbers for all the document:
>
>\setuppagenumbering
>  [location=footer, alternative=doublesided, state=none]
>

>does \setuppagenumbering override \setupsectionblock ?
>
>-f

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-28 19:11   ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-03-28 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:25:42 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a \setup... command to configure the frontmatter section
>> block? I
>> haven't found a clear information about this.
>
> You can put your setup in the 'before', like so:
>
>    \setupsectionblock
>       [frontmatter]
>       [before={\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]}]

It does nothing. In this example the TOC and Preamble section still have
default numbering:

% to have page numbers in roman in frontmatter
\setupsectionblock
       [frontmatter]
       [before={\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]}]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\completecontent

\chapter{Preamble}
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

\chapter{A body chapter}
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

But, of course, doing this works:
\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
\completecontent

\chapter{Preamble}
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
\stopfrontmatter

Regards,
BG

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-28 21:30     ` frantisek holop
From: frantisek holop @ 2006-03-28 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

hmm, on Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:11:59PM +0200, nico said that
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:25:42 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> wrote:
>
> > nico wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Is there a \setup... command to configure the frontmatter section
> >> block? I
> >> haven't found a clear information about this.
> >
> > You can put your setup in the 'before', like so:
> >
> >    \setupsectionblock
> >       [frontmatter]
> >       [before={\setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]}]
>
> It does nothing. In this example the TOC and Preamble section still have
> default numbering:

i can second this.

\setupsectionblock
  [frontmatter]
  [before={\setuppagenumbering[location=]}]

does nothing (visible at least)

on the other hand this works fine:

\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

is setupsectionblock broken?

-f
--
expert - anyone from out of town.

* Re: Frontmatter setup
@ 2006-03-29  7:45       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-29  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

frantisek holop wrote:

> \setupsectionblock
>   [frontmatter]
>   [before={\setuppagenumbering[location=]}]

I'm sorry, this is my fault. It should have been:

   \setupsectionblock
     [frontpart] % <- CHANGED

@ 2006-03-29 23:09         ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-03-29 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:45:04 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
wrote:

> frantisek holop wrote:
>>
>> \setupsectionblock
>>   [frontmatter]
>>   [before={\setuppagenumbering[location=]}]
>
> I'm sorry, this is my fault. It should have been:
>
>    \setupsectionblock
>      [frontpart] % <- CHANGED
>      [before={\setuppagenumbering[location=]}]

Yep, it works, thanks. Sounds strange to me to use frontmatter and setup
frontpart, but it's ok.

Regards,
BG