From: nico <nicolas.marsgui@libertysurf.fr>
Subject: typing and linenumbering
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:02:27 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

I would like to print some listings, with their line numbers. To achieve
this I use the following combination on framedtext, typing and
linenumbering stuff.

The output is pretty as I wish, but unfortunately the line numbers are
*not* the numbers of the listing lines, but the numbers of the lines once
wrapped in the frame. In the example below the first line is very long
(the "blah blah" line), but in the output it is shown as 4 lines (with 4
line numbers).

Is there a way to achieve this in a more integrated way with the typing
environment? The other side effect of the method used is that it changes
the linenumbering behaviour outside the typing environment. I tried the
"reset" option, but it doesn't change the intext location. Is there a
possibility to come back to default settings?

Last but not least, is it possible to customize the wrapping behaviour so
that an arbitrary command can be called before the cut, and another
command after the cut? What I would like to have is {\space\wrapsign}
before the cut and an indentation after the cut to show that the line is
wrapped.

Thanks for any hints.

% listing frame
\defineframedtext
   [framelisting]
   [background=screen,
    frame=off,
    strut=yes,
    offset=2mm,
    width=broad,
    framecolor=black,
    align=right]

\definetyping[prog]

\setuptyping[prog]
             [bodyfont=small,
              before={\setuplinenumbering[style=small,step=2,start=3,location=intext]
                      \startframelisting\startlinenumbering},
              after={\stoplinenumbering\stopframelisting}]
%             after={\stoplinenumbering\setuplinenumbering[reset]}]

\startprog
first line: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah
second line
third line
last line