From: nico <nicolas.marsgui@libertysurf.fr>
Subject: Re: Extending the black circled numbers
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 02:20:28 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:52:33 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> It seems to be related to some font loading stuff, since when I don't
>> put
>> \ss I haven't this. So, if I put the following in the test I have no
>> more
>> the problem.
>>
> strange, here it shows twice the same size
>
> \starttext
> {\tracingall\setbox0\hbox{\ss 99}\the\wd0}
> \stoptext
>
> may give some info where a blank space (or so) creeps in

Looking at the log, I've found blank spaces after "\pdfobj reserveobjnum"
in enco-pfr.tex. Removing them makes the file compile ok (the bubbles are
all the same :-).

\def\dodoincludepdffontresource
   {% does this font has an encoding specified vector
    \doifsomething\currentencoding % no \ifx
      {% is there a pdf font encoding resource file defined
       \ifcsname\pdffontresource\endcsname
         % (fake) object defined
       \else\ifcsname\pdffontfileresource\endcsname
         % is there a resource already included
         \doifsomething\pdffontfileresource
% -->     {\pdfobj reserveobjnum {}% <-- blank space
           {\pdfobj reserveobjnum{}%
            \setxvalue\pdffontresource{\the\pdflastobj}%
            \flushatshipout{\dododoincludepdffontresource{\currentencoding}}}%
%            \doglobal\appendetoks
%              \noexpand\dododoincludepdffontresource{\currentencoding}%
%            \to \everybeforeshipout}% prevent multiple loading
       \fi\fi
       \ifcsname\pdffontresource\endcsname
         \expanded{\pdffontattr\font{/ToUnicode
\csname\pdffontresource\endcsname\space0 R}}%
         % do it only once for each font
         \letgvalue{\s!ucmap\fontfile}\empty
       \fi}}
\def\dodoincludepdffontresource
   {\doifsomething\currentencoding % no \ifx
      {\expandafter\ifx\csname\pdffontresource\endcsname\relax
         \expandafter\ifx\csname\pdffontfileresource\endcsname\relax\else
           \doifsomething\pdffontfileresource
% -->       {\pdfobj reserveobjnum {}% <-- blank space
             {\pdfobj reserveobjnum{}%
              \setxvalue\pdffontresource{\the\pdflastobj}%
              \flushatshipout{\dododoincludepdffontresource{\currentencoding}}}%
%              \doglobal\appendetoks
%                \noexpand\dododoincludepdffontresource{\currentencoding}%
%              \to \everybeforeshipout}% prevent multiple loading
         \fi
       \fi
       \expandafter\ifx\csname\pdffontresource\endcsname\relax\else
         \expanded{\pdffontattr\font{/ToUnicode
\csname\pdffontresource\endcsname\space0 R}}%
         % do it only once for each font
         \letgvalue{\s!ucmap\fontfile}\empty
       \fi}}

Regards,