* Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-20  6:34 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-04-20  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a document with the following structure:

\starttext
\startstandardmakeup
  \maketitle
\stopstandardmakeup

\setupheadertexts[][{\sl \getmarking[chapter]}]

\startfrontmatter
  \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
  \setuppagenumber[number=1]
  \chapter{Table des matières}
  \placecontent[alternative=c,criterium=all,interaction=all]
  \chapter{Liste des figures}
  \placelistoffigures[alternative=c,criterium=all,interaction=all]
  \component src/chapters/c_intro
\stopfrontmatter

\setupheadertexts[][{\sl \getmarking[section]}][{\sl
\getmarking[chapter]}][]

\startbodymatter
  \part{test I}
  \component src/chapters/c_simulation
  \component src/chapters/c_locomotion_robotique
  \component src/chapters/c_environnement
  \part{test II}
  \component src/chapters/c_locomotion_robot_serpent
  \component src/chapters/c_tda
  \part{test III}
  \component src/chapters/c_modelisation
  \component src/chapters/c_commande
  \part{test IV}
  \component src/chapters/c_conclusion
  %   \component src/chapters/c_chap1
  %   \component src/chapters/c_chap2
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
  \chapter{test A}
  \chapter{test B}
\stopappendices

\setupheadertexts[][{\sl \getmarking[chapter]}]

\startbackmatter
  \chapter{Bibliographie}
  \placepublications[criterium=all,interaction=all]
\stopbackmatter
\stoptext

The normal behavior of this structure is for each "part" to reinit
pages, chapters and figures numbering.
My questions are:
1. How to change this behavior to obtain a continuous pages, chapters
... numbering ?
2. How to obtain a separated title page at the beginning of each parts
(with doublesided mngt)?
3. How to obtain (I,II,III,IV) for part numbering ?

Cheers,

Renaud

* Re: Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-20  6:54 ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-04-20  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:34:44 +0200, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a document with the following structure: [...]

> The normal behavior of this structure is for each "part" to reinit
> pages, chapters and figures numbering.
> My questions are:
> 1. How to change this behavior to obtain a continuous pages, chapters
> ... numbering ?
> 2. How to obtain a separated title page at the beginning of each parts
> (with doublesided mngt)?

Maybe a start, but don't know about doublesided stuff nor roman numbering:
\setuphead[part][header=empty,footer=empty,
                  alternative=middle,placehead=yes,resetnumber=no]

Regards,
BG

* Re: Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-22  1:41 ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-04-22  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:34:44 +0200, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org> wrote:

> 3. How to obtain (I,II,III,IV) for part numbering ?

\setupsection[section-1][conversion=Romannumerals]

seems ok, but I would find more natural to be able to write the following,
at least to make the conversion local to parts (not applied to any other
heading defined with the same level):

\setuphead[part][conversion=Romannumerals]

Regards,
BG

* Re: Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-22  8:24   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-22  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:34:44 +0200, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org> wrote:
>

>> 3. How to obtain (I,II,III,IV) for part numbering ?
>>

> \setupsection[section-1][conversion=Romannumerals]
>
> seems ok, but I would find more natural to be able to write the following,
> at least to make the conversion local to parts (not applied to any other
> heading defined with the same level):
>
> \setuphead[part][conversion=Romannumerals]

\starttext

\definehead[xx][chapter]

\def\sectionofhead#1{\executeifdefined{\??ko#1\c!section}\s!unknown}

\sectionofhead{chapter}
\sectionofhead{xx}

\setupsection[\sectionofhead{part}][conversion=Romannumerals]

\stoptext

in a next release i'll implement auto-indirectness so that

setupsection[chapter][conversion=greek]
\setupsection[section][conversion=characters]

will work as well (rather trivial patch)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-22  9:30     ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-04-22  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:24:58 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:34:44 +0200, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> 3. How to obtain (I,II,III,IV) for part numbering ?
>>>

>> \setupsection[section-1][conversion=Romannumerals]
>>
>> seems ok, but I would find more natural to be able to write the
>> following,
>> at least to make the conversion local to parts (not applied to any other
>> heading defined with the same level):
>>
>> \setuphead[part][conversion=Romannumerals]
>>
> \starttext
>
> \definehead[xx][chapter]
>
> \def\sectionofhead#1{\executeifdefined{\??ko#1\c!section}\s!unknown}
>
> \sectionofhead{chapter}
> \sectionofhead{xx}
>
> \setupsection[\sectionofhead{part}][conversion=Romannumerals]
>
> \stoptext
>

> in a next release i'll implement auto-indirectness so that
>
> setupsection[chapter][conversion=greek]
> \setupsection[section][conversion=characters]
>
> will work as well (rather trivial patch)

Ok, but then

\definehead[xx][chapter]

\setupsection[\sectionofhead{chapter}][conversion=Romannumerals]
\setupsection[\sectionofhead{xx}][conversion=Character]

will put Character conversion for both chapter and xx heading. That's why
i thought it could be interesting to have the conversion option also for
setuphead, to limit the conversion to one heading.

btw, it seems strange to have so many setuphead command options
(textcommand, numbercommand, deepnumbercommand) to format completely the
head rendering, and not the ability to change only the head number
conversion without changing the whole global section level.

Regards,
BG

* Re: Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-22 10:16       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-22 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:24:58 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>> nico wrote:

>>> \setupsection[section-1][conversion=Romannumerals]
>>>
>>> seems ok, but I would find more natural to be able to write the
>>> following,
>>> at least to make the conversion local to parts (not applied to any other
>>> heading defined with the same level):
>>>
>>> \setuphead[part][conversion=Romannumerals]
>>>

>> \starttext
>>
>> \definehead[xx][chapter]
>>
>> \def\sectionofhead#1{\executeifdefined{\??ko#1\c!section}\s!unknown}
>>
>> \sectionofhead{chapter}
>> \sectionofhead{xx}
>>
>> \setupsection[\sectionofhead{part}][conversion=Romannumerals]
>>
>> \stoptext
>>

>> in a next release i'll implement auto-indirectness so that
>>
>> setupsection[chapter][conversion=greek]
>> \setupsection[section][conversion=characters]
>>
>> will work as well (rather trivial patch)
>>

> Ok, but then
>
> \definehead[xx][chapter]
>
> \setupsection[\sectionofhead{chapter}][conversion=Romannumerals]
> \setupsection[\sectionofhead{xx}][conversion=Character]
>
> will put Character conversion for both chapter and xx heading. That's why
> i thought it could be interesting to have the conversion option also for
> setuphead, to limit the conversion to one heading.
>
> btw, it seems strange to have so many setuphead command options
> (textcommand, numbercommand, deepnumbercommand) to format completely the
> head rendering, and not the ability to change only the head number
> conversion without changing the whole global section level.

it can be done at the sectionblock level (see chinese)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Document Structuring
@ 2006-04-22 13:38         ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-04-22 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:16:10 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> nico wrote:

>> Ok, but then
>>
>> \definehead[xx][chapter]
>>
>> \setupsection[\sectionofhead{chapter}][conversion=Romannumerals]
>> \setupsection[\sectionofhead{xx}][conversion=Character]
>>
>> will put Character conversion for both chapter and xx heading. That's
>> why
>> i thought it could be interesting to have the conversion option also for
>> setuphead, to limit the conversion to one heading.
>>
>> btw, it seems strange to have so many setuphead command options
>> (textcommand, numbercommand, deepnumbercommand) to format completely the
>> head rendering, and not the ability to change only the head number
>> conversion without changing the whole global section level.
>>
> it can be done at the sectionblock level (see chinese)

Hm, I've missed something. I see nothing about sectionblock in chinese,
but at page 10 there is:

\setuphead [section] [conversion=chinese]

\setuphead [chapter] [conversion=]
\setuphead [section] [conversion=numbers]

Regards,
BG