From: Idris Samawi Hamid <ishamid@colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: Tex or Context Editors.
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:11:31 -0700	[thread overview]

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:24:26 +0000, Dirar BOUGATEF <chabah5@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Idriss,
>
> I had a look at WinEdt and it is very tex oriented, but i have seen any
> reference to Context. Do you see some advantages for Context use (I have
> seen support for tex tables, project (Don't know which kind ..)) ?

For ConTeXt I just define the pdfTeX button to call texexec. There is no
built-in ConTeXt capabilities, but it is almost trivial to add buttons or
even create your own (I've made a few myself), define and insert
environments, etc. Just look up all the options that define the LaTeX
options and redefine them in ConTeXt (or just add the ConTeXt options).
There is virtually no-hard-wired LaTeX support that can't be changed or
augmented.

It may not be open-source:-(, but for TeX/ConTeXt you won't find better
(yet).

Idris
--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid