* Times New Roman and endnotes
@ 2005-03-03 19:04 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-03 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear fellow conspirators,

I have a book chapter that is to be published in an edited volume of a
philosophy series by Springer/Kluwer, but the typesetter could not recreate
the transliteration symbols needed. So the editor has just asked me to typeset
the article for them. My chapter is the only thing holding up the publication
of the book. I need two things very urgently:

1. Setups for Times New Roman (is there a Type1 version that comes with TeX?);

2. I need to replace my footnotes with (aargh!) endnotes. Is there a simple
way to do this?

Best
Idris

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Times New Roman and endnotes
@ 2005-03-04  8:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-04  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

ishamid wrote:
> Dear fellow conspirators,
>
> I have a book chapter that is to be published in an edited volume of a
> philosophy series by Springer/Kluwer, but the typesetter could not recreate
> the transliteration symbols needed. So the editor has just asked me to typeset
> the article for them. My chapter is the only thing holding up the publication
> of the book. I need two things very urgently:
>
> 1. Setups for Times New Roman (is there a Type1 version that comes with TeX?);

http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-mag-10.htm

explains how to use platform fonts; if you have a windows machine, there is, in

   C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

a bunch of Times New Roman. I'm a bit low on time, otherwise i'd generate the
metrics and add them to the font zip.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-03-04 15:57   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-03-04 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:49:59 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> 1. Setups for Times New Roman (is there a Type1 version that comes with
>> TeX?);
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-mag-10.htm
>
> explains how to use platform fonts; if you have a windows machine, there
> is, in
>
>    C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
>
> a bunch of Times New Roman. I'm a bit low on time, otherwise i'd
> generate the metrics and add them to the font zip.

What about converting footnotes to endnotes?

Best
Idris

--

@ 2005-03-04 17:31     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-03-04 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:49:59 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>> 1. Setups for Times New Roman (is there a Type1 version that comes
>>> with TeX?);
>>

>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-mag-10.htm
>>
>> explains how to use platform fonts; if you have a windows machine,
>> there is, in
>>
>>    C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
>>
>> a bunch of Times New Roman. I'm a bit low on time, otherwise i'd
>> generate the metrics and add them to the font zip.
>

> What about converting footnotes to endnotes?

I always thought that you were the notes expert -)

\setupfootnotes[location=]

\starttext

test \footnote{test}

\page

\placefootnotes

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-03-04 18:02       ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-03-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> What about converting footnotes to endnotes?
>
> I always thought that you were the notes expert -)

Fair enough, it's just that

I really hate endnotes and never even thought about them till now;

With all my non-typesetting work it's easy to get out of practice with my
ConTeXt skills;-)

Best
Idris