* RE: How to use .eps figure in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-05-23 14:06 Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-05-23 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====

>If you want to use your images in pdf, either convert them from eps to
>pdf before calling texexec, or use the texexec => dvips => ps2pdf
>route to create the pdf document (using ghostscript instead of pdftex).

Careful, dvips does not work well with latin modern (or even other fonts); I
have mostly given up on dvips as far as ConTeXt is concerned (and I can't
count the number of hours I've messed with it)...

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: How to use .eps figure in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-05-23 14:20 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-05-23 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>>===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>

>>If you want to use your images in pdf, either convert them from eps to
>>pdf before calling texexec, or use the texexec => dvips => ps2pdf
>>route to create the pdf document (using ghostscript instead of pdftex).
>

> Careful, dvips does not work well with latin modern (or even other fonts); I
> have mostly given up on dvips as far as ConTeXt is concerned (and I can't
> count the number of hours I've messed with it)...

dvipdfmx is a better gamble

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-05-23 17:49   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-05-23 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 23 May 2005 16:20:19 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>>> ===== Original Message From Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> =====
>>> If you want to use your images in pdf, either convert them from eps to
>>> pdf before calling texexec, or use the texexec => dvips => ps2pdf
>>> route to create the pdf document (using ghostscript instead of pdftex).
>>

>> Careful, dvips does not work well with latin modern (or even other
>> fonts); I have mostly given up on dvips as far as ConTeXt is concerned
>> (and I can't count the number of hours I've messed with it)...
>
> dvipdfmx is a better gamble

Yes, but then the author of the thread will still have to convert his
images to pdf (or can dvipdfmx take eps now? If so, then that's great news!

Best
Idris
--

@ 2005-05-23 13:39     ` Internationale Orgelweek Vlaardingen
From: Internationale Orgelweek Vlaardingen @ 2005-05-23 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

龙 飞 wrote:
> Thanks. Unfortunately, I am using miktex under windows. I tried to run
> epstopdf xx.eps. It returns the error message: Warning: BoundingBox not
> found.

Although your problem is solved, a short remark.
I also had this problem recently. It was because my eps file was not in the
right text format (unix, in my case). Converting the eps file solved this
problem. Maybe you have something similar at hand?

just for the record. :)

Peter

* Re: How to use .eps figure in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-05-23 13:18   ` 龙 飞
From: 龙 飞 @ 2005-05-23 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks all. This problem solved.

@ 2005-05-23 12:59     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-05-23 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

龙 飞 wrote:
> Thanks. Unfortunately, I am using miktex under windows. I tried to run
> epstopdf xx.eps. It returns the error message: Warning: BoundingBox not
> found.

you may try

  texmfstart newpstopdf yourfile.eps

btw, there is a new subsystem that can do conversions on the fly ... i only need
soem time to document it -)

> Error: /rangecheck in --.peekstring--
> Operand stack:
>   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   (\305\320\323\306)
> Execution stack:
>   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
> --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1   3
> %oparray_pop   1   3  %oparray_pop   --nostringval--
> Dictionary stack:
>   --dict:1115/1686(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:70/200(L)--
> Current allocation mode is local
> Last OS error: No such file or directory
> There is boundingbox when I use GSview to check the file info, and it
> shows correct in my another latex file.
>
>> From: Peter <peter@orgelvlaardingen.nl>
>> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] How to use .eps figure in ConTeXt?
>> Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:36:20 +0200
>>
>> 龙 飞 wrote:
>> > Today I try to insert .eps file in to my presentation. I use
>> > \externalfigure[xx.eps] to insert xx.eps. The figure shows correct in
>> > the dvi file generated by "texexec --once --texutils xx.tex". However
>> > this figure disappears in the pdf file generated by "texexec --pdf
>> > xx.tex". The log says "figures: xx.eps has zero dimensions". What is
>
> the
>
>> > problem? Is there anything wrong with the .eps file?
>> > Thanks

>> You need a pdf-version of the figure. If you are on LInux, you can enter
>> 'epstopdf xx.eps' on the commandline (if epstopdf is installed). That
>> generates xx.pdf. Then run texexec again.
>>
>> Peter

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-05-23 12:46   ` 龙 飞
From: 龙 飞 @ 2005-05-23 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am using miktex under windows. I tried to run
epstopdf xx.eps. It returns the error message:
Warning: BoundingBox not found.
Error: /rangecheck in --.peekstring--
Operand stack:
   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   (\305\320\323\306)
Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1   3   %oparray_pop   1   3
 %oparray_pop   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1115/1686(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:70/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory

There is boundingbox when I use GSview to check the file info, and it shows
correct in my another latex file.
>From: Peter <peter@orgelvlaardingen.nl>
>Subject: Re: [NTG-context] How to use .eps figure in ConTeXt?
>Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:36:20 +0200
>
>龙 飞 wrote:
> > Today I try to insert .eps file in to my presentation. I use
> > \externalfigure[xx.eps] to insert xx.eps. The figure shows correct in
> > the dvi file generated by "texexec --once --texutils xx.tex". However
> > this figure disappears in the pdf file generated by "texexec --pdf
> > xx.tex". The log says "figures: xx.eps has zero dimensions". What is
the
> > problem? Is there anything wrong with the .eps file?
> > Thanks

>You need a pdf-version of the figure. If you are on LInux, you can enter
>'epstopdf xx.eps' on the commandline (if epstopdf is installed). That
>generates xx.pdf. Then run texexec again.
>
>Peter

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn

* Re: How to use .eps figure in ConTeXt?
@ 2005-05-23 12:40 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-05-23 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-05-23 12:36 ` Peter
From: Peter @ 2005-05-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)