* dvipdfmx support
@ 2005-06-03 17:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-03 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

For those using dvipdfmx (e.g. with aleph) ther eis a new windows version at:

http://www.metz.supelec.fr/~popineau/downloads/bin-dvipdfm-2005-05-07-win32-static.zip

I patched spec-dpx, texexec and ctxtools to make working with it more comfortable

- texexec understands the --dpx switch and will run dvipdfmx automatically (it
also sets some env variables that are needed to isolate dvipdfmx and pdftex;
awaiting a better solution in tds/kpse)

(newtexexec also understand this and a bit more)

- context will pass map file names to dvipdfmx in the same way as it does with
pdftex (use \loadmapfile to load additional ones)

- ctxtools can be used to convert pdftex map files into dvipdfmx ones (i may
switch to some common format coded in xml that can be converted to either map
format although before it comes to that pdftex/dvipdfmx/dvips may understand a
common simple text format, work is in progress on that); another option is to
use \loadmapline and make typescripts (and thereby get rid of mapfiles but i
need to discuss that with mr. Adam Typescript Lindsay first -)

usage:

   ctxtools --dpx e:/tex/texmf-local  (--force to make it really happen)

i uploaded yet another zip

(i hope that this compensates Idris' experience with fonts in recent
distribuitions -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: dvipdfmx support
@ 2005-06-03 20:10 ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-06-03 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:24:11 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> For those using dvipdfmx (e.g. with aleph) ther eis a new windows
> version at:
>
> http://www.metz.supelec.fr/~popineau/downloads/bin-dvipdfm-2005-05-07-win32-static.zip
>
> I patched spec-dpx, texexec and ctxtools to make working with it more
> comfortable

This is wonderful news and I thank Hans for all his hard work!
(Will be testing soon....)

Best
Idris

--