* org-mode & ConTeXt
@ 2017-11-14  8:49 Gour
From: Gour @ 2017-11-14  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I plan to start working on series lectures/presentations for educational
purposes and I'm going to use ConTeXt for typesetting the whole material.

Considering that for smaller articles (e.g. blog posts) I use Emacs' org-mode
(with Hugo static-site-generator) and spend fair amount of time with org-mode,
I wonder whether you in general can recommend using org-mode for collecting
notes and then export to ConTeXt (via Pandoc)?

Another concern - disclaimer: still haven't go through excellent Bibliographies
manual - is whether it is possible to e.g. use org-ref
(https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref) - orgmode's support for RefTeX
(https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/reftex.html) which is mentioned in the
wiki (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reftex) or is is better to excusively work
within the scope of ConTeXt?

I've also noticed that Bibliogrpahies manual does mention JabRef and Zotero for
managing databases, so I'd appreciate if ConTeXt users can share their
experience in regard?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery,
which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī,

* Re: org-mode & ConTeXt
       [not found] <20171116204951.7d468345@repetitorium-biochemie.ch>
@ 2017-11-16 21:04 ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2017-11-16 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gour,

I'm using org-mode for almost everything. If I need a pdf-file of, e.g., a
subtree, I do the following:

1. Export the subtree as an org-file (the directory, title etc. of the
exported file are specified as :PROPERTIES:)

2. I process the exported file with a ruby-script I wrote myself. It does
what I need, i.e. very basic things. More complicated stuff can be included
in the original org-file, as context-commands, provided they don't bother
you. The result is a .tex file.

3. process the tex file with context.

I tried Pandoc, but concluded it was easier to concoct something myself.

Cheers, Jörg

-----
Prof. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari MD
Luftmattstrasse 25